this might sound pretty silly...

obscure.individual

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i'm taking a digital photograohy class at my high school, and the assignment is to take a self portrait. i have a fantastic idea, but i can't do it because i need to be outdoors and its raining. so i'm trying to use a mirror and a very small tripod i have to take a photo of my eye. i'm using a Tamron SP 90mm 1:2.5 lens, which can focus pretty close. but it doesn't have autofocus, so i'm stuck trying to manually focus while using a mirror. i decided to focus it all the way out then move my head either closer or farther away until my eye is in focus, but somehow every single time i try that its a bit blurry, even if i use a timer.

can i get some suggestions on how to do this?

OK, by 'focus all the way out', you mean focus at infinity? Or focus as close as it will go?

Post some examples. We can tell a lot from those.

OK, by 'focus all the way out', you mean focus at infinity? Or focus as close as it will go?

Post some examples. We can tell a lot from those.

i mean as close as it will go. i'll put pictures up in a bit, i'm posting from my phone right now so i'll have to get the photos on my computer

nevermind, i finally got some clear, perfectly focused shots. i thought something was up with the lens or the camera, so that's why i freaked out a little bit. its all good now :D

Dude...you need a piece of string and a knot in it...focus the lens at X distance, and then pull the string out to X. Focus issue solved. Of course, then there's the aiming part...a bit tougher...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back