This one, on the other hand...

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by cso, Jun 24, 2005.

1. cso

cso TPF Noob!

...I really like, but no-one else that I've shown it to seems to. Opinions/suggestions?

Canon EOS 20D
    16-35L
    1/500s f/2.8 at 50.0mm iso100
    circular polarizing

I cropped the guy on the left a little...the original has him in entirety plus a little white empty space between him and the edge that I found distracting

[​IMG]

2. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

I think a tighter crop to just above the berets and just to the left of the pamphlet would draw the eye to the faces a little more. I'd be tempted to desaturate the red woman and the background slightly to get rid of the distractions a touch?

Another good shot though!

Rob

3. cso

cso TPF Noob!

I think you're right...especially about the woman in red...I'm going to try that...

4. gypsyIX

gypsyIX TPF Noob!

i agree about the tighter crop. that person in red is really distracting. cropping off just the tippy-tops of the men's hats would eliminate that, making it just another color in the background.

other that it being overall a bit bright and/or contrasty for my taste, i really like this one. it's not something you see every day, and their expressions are great. ooh, and the best part, the tiny little flag... it's just perfect where it is, and it's echoed by the other bits of red throughout. lovely.

5. cso

cso TPF Noob!

Yeah, it was a very sunny day and most of the frame is dark colour, so blew out the highlights. Technical error...