Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wondering if anyone thought this headshot portrait was any good? I really like it, but I'm biased cuz it's my boyfriend! Heh heh. Is the fence distracting?

anotherportrait.jpg

blown out highlights on left cheek and forehead can be fixed by cloning nearby clean skin at about 30% opacity, set brush mode to darken.
others may disagree, but the regularity in the shape of the fence causes it not to be a distraction to me. you might want to blur it a little anyway, tho.
otherwise, nice shot

This isnt bad except 2 things:
1)skintones - look weirdly greenish especially on the bottom. SOfter, whiter/warmer light would improve it
2)Composition - I dont think the fence is distracting, but the dude's face is smacked right in the middle of the frame, thats a little boring. If he had been shifted to the left and looked slightly to the right, it would look better.

I like the composition. I think putting the face in the center works because you have filled most of the frame with it but it isnt uniform because the eyes are at an angle. The fence doesn't bother me, just the lighting.....big problem for me too.

I agree with Toby, the fence is distracting for me. He's also scrunched up his neck. I don't mind that he's looking down at all, but to keep his neck from looking wrinkled he should lean forward a little. I also wouldn't frame it quite so tight, but that may be just me. It might be fine if his pose were a little different. Using a reflector on the left side of his face would help the light a little and bring out his eyes more. Good shot, overall.

fence is no problem. i think the framing is ok too
i thought the original was fine (highlights didn't seem blown out) but i like your re-do better! :)

maybe darken or enshadow his chest/neck, to bring more attention to the face? that area is very neutral and low-contrast, it bugs me for some reason.

Thanks for all the tips everyone! As I said, he's my boyfriend so I'm biased and I love this picture..but was just wondering what it needed to be a more serious portrait. Sash..I don't see the greenish tone you are talking about? Maybe just a diffrence in monitors? Anyway, thanks everyone!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back