Time-Zero effect

2bphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If you have ever seen the way Time-Zero film from the old SX-70 Polaroids looks you know how intense the colors are yet low contrast the images look. I absolutely LOVE the way they look and I want to be able to shoot pictures like that with my Digital SLR (Nikon D70). I am curious if any of you know of any techniques or have any ideas for digitally mimicing the look of Time-Zero Film?

Nope - not even close. :lol: Time Zero film was unique and wonderful; to be able to manipulate it into a crossover art form took an artistic eye, the right tools and a special touch. Now it's soon to be a memory. But the alt-geeks aren't the people to ask about photoshop tricks. Or are we supposed to call them "actions"? :mrgreen:

I'll move this thread for you over to the graphics forum; you might get better replies there.

I don't really think this has anything to do with the graphics thread because I don't want to have to do this in photoshop, I want to be able to do it with my camera. So far the best results I have gotten is setting my white balance to a light reddish pinkish card so everything comes out with a slight green tint. If you know the color temps or percentages or biases or or exposure or anything about the film itself that could help me try to get the look down. All I know about it really is that is looks good and it is ISO 150. If theres anything more you know about it please let me know.

When it comes to something like that, I'm pretty sure you are going to have to rely on post-processing. In-camera you are limited to setting the color balance by telling the camera what to consider white, unless I missed something.

Most reactions

Back