To people who own multiple DSLR's.....

All of my DSLRs are EOS D series so they are about the same size and weight. Which I choose for any shooting, paying or not, depends on what I think I'm going to need or want to use. I really like my 17-35 and 50mm f/1.4 on a 5D. They are less exciting on a 20D or 40D. The 40D has some new features the 5D and 20D don't have. They aren't ones I find useful all that often. I tend to grab the 20D if I'm okay with APS format. The image quality is fantastic, and it's my oldest DSLR so if it were lost/stolen/damaged I would cry less.

I just spent the weekend with out of town family. As usual, I hauled a small camera bag around with my DSLR and lens choice of the day. I found myself really envying their pocket cameras, so I decided to order a G7 (saved a $100 compared to a G9, IQ looks the same to me, and CHDK will give me raw). I'm sure I'll still haul a DSLR around, but I think there are times when a very small camera will be a nice option to have. I've bought 2 compact digital cameras for my wife, but this will actually be my first.

I use my D300 more than my D80. The D80 is my camera I take to work so, it gets abused a bit. But my D300 is my fun camera. Actually my lenses for wildlife shooting weigh more that my camera body. I like both of my cameras but, since Im still playing with my D300 I use it more.

Most reactions

Back