today was EHH, should have stayed home???

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I mean it was fun getting out an hiking a little with the gear, but not sure it was worth the gas, I really like the location but its a drive for a day trip.

I know most activity is probably dawn and dusk, and the lighting is better as well, but I seem to always arrive in the early afternoon.

I tried to sneak up on a few osprey on their nests, but they quickly saw me and flew off, they would even land pretty close, and do fly bys to see if I was still there, then talk to eachother. this raccoon was walk around and came up on me, I was on the lookout for gators, so I was probably already on edge as this refuge has a good number of gators, and I was well off a trail in the woods near water. he ducked down in a hole and kept peaking out at me.

got some osprey in flight, but it was such a bright day and they where high in the sky, their heads were just too underexposed, so they are not worth me posting them. another reason I need to limited my mid-day shooting, well at least with brids in flight way up in the air.

$snwr.jpg

$snwr2.jpg

$snwr3.jpg

$snwr4.jpg

Nice bungalow you have there
$snwr5.jpg

$snwr1.jpg

Last edited:
wow, these are fantastic. That raccoon picture is precious- I only wish you hadn't clipped his ear, but still awesome.

All of these are SUPER sharp, too. What gear are you using?

wow, these are fantastic. That raccoon picture is precious- I only wish you hadn't clipped his ear, but still awesome.

All of these are SUPER sharp, too. What gear are you using?

Thanks, i have some more of the raccoon probably without the ear clipped. Brush was thick so not sure the other photos are totally clear from OOF leaves and twigs

I used a nikon d800 and 500mm f4 with 1.4 converter on all of these. Well except the car photo that was just a $150 nikon 24mm 2.8 AF prime lens

Thanks, thought it was kinda interesting to have the viewer in it. The bird was actually sitting atop the viewer and flew off and i was able to get the photo at good timing

Well, still better than standing in a kitchen all day cooking... Sometimes you just have to enjoy being outside :)

The 4th and 6th for me. And pics of the gators or they don't exist!!

Most reactions

Back