today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by fadingaway1986, Sep 1, 2005.

1. fadingaway1986

fadingaway1986 I Burn Easily :(

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    ... I applied for the diploma of photography I want to do.

Unfortunately, there are only 35 places. So I don't know what my chances are.

In high school, I didn't do any creative courses, so I think this might affect it.

But, only time will tell.

The one I would most like to go to is 45 minutes drive away. But it would likely to be in peak traffic. So that could extend it to an hour and a half. That is the one that takes 35.

I also applied to another "school" (TAFE). It says 1hr 30 mins away, however, there wouldn't be any traffic, so I know how long it would take. This course is only accepting about 20 people.

I have applied to both, so I will have to wait and see what happens. I wouldn't really mind either. I don't like driving, but I haven't had my licence for long, so I would get used to it. But I REALLY hate driving in peak traffic where you crawl all the way. Not only do I find it really stressful... my car isn't too great going between 0 and 5 km/h.

Oh well. I will see... But I am kinda thinking, if I get a choice, I might go for the one where it's a definate 90 min drive... But I don't know - argh.

Right now - I just hope I get into at least ONE of them. Otherwise I have to spend next year doing courses to get me in the following year.

2. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Good luck! Commutes to school can be a pain, but worth it in the end! Hope you get into both and get to make the choice :)

3. fadingaway1986

fadingaway1986 I Burn Easily :(

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks. I am kinda hoping I only get into one, then I don't have to decide. I am BAD with decisions.... Very bad.

Commutes to school WILL be a pain if petrol prices don't go back down!

I applied for a health care card on monday. If I get it, it will class me as a low income earner, and I will therefore get $1000 off my fees. That would be a help. It would make the course $1800 rather than $2800...

(but they advise there could be up to an extra $3500 per year needed for materials.)