Torontonians needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the Guild , in lower Scarborough, right at the bluffs...the most beautiful part of the city. There is stuff happening everywhere in Toronto. My brother lives in Uxbridge and the just split up a big gang there. No matter where you go, something could happen, but I dont think there is a place in the country, that is 100% safe. :confused:

So it is the Caribbeans is it? I lived at Jane and Finch have you?

Well, let's see, I talked to the police there when my car was vandalized and when a relative's house was broken into, and I was attacked in an elementary school yard by a student for no reason at all. He was 14 years old and over 6 feet tall. The police reacted as if such incidents were very common in the area.

I was also running the media section of a political campaign there as well for a while. I don't want to get further into my background, but I know more about Toronto than you do, despite not living there.

skieur

Well, let's see, I talked to the police there when my car was vandalized, a relative's house was broken into, and I was attacked in an elementary school yard by a student. I was also running the media section of a political campaign there as well for a while. I know more about Toronto than you do, despite not living there.

skieur

Ok I believe you, sure, all this happened to you, in this area,you car was vandalized, you were also attacked and a relative had their house broken into, its not the area you just have horrible luck if I were to believe it, no mention in your previous post, just recall it now eh. Well okidokie then, when you have time please tell me about the other area where you were winged by a bullet as you walked by, were accosted by prostitutes and forced you to pay them.Did the elementary Student also have a Gun, so they were grade six or younger must have been a harrowing experience and all this must have all committed by Caribbeans to eh? I lived there for years, never even was bumped and given a bad look. I do believe a cop may have told you that, they always looking to get budget increases. Your entitled your beliefs, I know better though.

Gee, at this rate people who read this thread are going to be scared away from Toronto. When I think it's generally agreed that it's actually a pretty safe city (although no place is perfectly safe).

Gee, at this rate people who read this thread are going to be scared away from Toronto. When I think it's generally agreed that it's actually a pretty safe city (although no place is perfectly safe).

Why I have to set the record straight, hate our City being seen in such a negative light. Hear it all the time, and just cannot idly sit by about it.

Quick question from an outsider. Does "seedy" in Canada equate to "seedy" in America?

I've been wanting to visit Toronto myself. My company's corporate headquarters are there. (No I'm not a corporate puppet by any means, I'm an artist trapped in a corporate cubicle every day. Drone by day, creative by night, lol)

Toronto is probably safer than a lot of American cities, but not as safe as some would like to believe. Break-ins are common in some areas, as is vandalism. Gang violence is a problem and people have been killed by being in the wrong place at the wrong time when bullets started flying. The most recent was a grocery assistant in the east end according to the Toronto Star which you can pick up almost anywhere in Canada, by the way. A community worker was also murdered apparently because he was inadvertently wearing the wrong colours used by a rival gang in the area. In Scarborough some residents have even had bullets enter their house and just miss family members from street shootings. Television stations have interviews right at the scene, and they can be picked up anywhere.
It is totally stupid to blame the media for simply reporting what has occured. Their spin might not be accurate but bullet holes are still bullet holes and death and murder are still death and murder no matter how it is interpreted.

skieur

Ok I believe you, sure, all this happened to you, in this area,you car was vandalized, you were also attacked and a relative had their house broken into, its not the area you just have horrible luck if I were to believe it, no mention in your previous post, just recall it now eh. Well okidokie then, when you have time please tell me about the other area where you were winged by a bullet as you walked by, were accosted by prostitutes and forced you to pay them.Did the elementary Student also have a Gun, so they were grade six or younger must have been a harrowing experience and all this must have all committed by Caribbeans to eh? I lived there for years, never even was bumped and given a bad look. I do believe a cop may have told you that, they always looking to get budget increases. Your entitled your beliefs, I know better though.

Gee, vandalism and violence explained by "horrible luck". :lmao::lmao::lmao:
That is downright silly!!!

skieur

I'm sure it's not all that helpful to the OP to keep these arguments up. Every city in the world has potential dangers to watch out for. You'll never find a perfect city that is 100% safe.

I'm sure it's not all that helpful to the OP to keep these arguments up. Every city in the world has potential dangers to watch out for. You'll never find a perfect city that is 100% safe.

I agree Icon. this is way off topic, and Im dissappointed at the direction this thread has taken. I personally wish it would be taken to PMs.
We are one of the cities on here that have meetups, and there are many from Toronto on TPF. We have never had any problems at any of out meetups that have been discussed here.
I just hope this thread does not prevent others from visiting the city. :er:

i lived in toronto years but not too long.

i would say toronto is a safe city.

gunshooting scared me sometime. around 10-20(not very sure) in one year. but have to say 90% of those shooting involved drug dealers and gangs. so, if peole not a member of them, it is hard to get shooting like win a super7.

anyway, like what others said, not a city is 100% safe. to me, the most dangerouse thing so far in canada, is that i hit a moose on highway :)

if the goverment could control the gun well, i will love this city more and more...

Ditto the comments of Icon and Chiller. I'm disappointed to see how the thread has gone way off topic into a quasi attack on my City. I'm biting my lip so as to not say anything more. And I hope no one has been discouraged from visiting this wonderful City as a result of what they've read earlier in this thread.

Quick question from an outsider. Does "seedy" in Canada equate to "seedy" in America?

I've been wanting to visit Toronto myself. My company's corporate headquarters are there. (No I'm not a corporate puppet by any means, I'm an artist trapped in a corporate cubicle every day. Drone by day, creative by night, lol)

Spent months in Chicago and loved it but our seedy is not even close, had a GF in Detroit and what a party town but it was far, far rougher than even what some call our seedy district. We have for almost 3 million people an minor crime compared to our size. There are the detractors but just ignore them. Some very tragic events do happen here, but per capitol we are such a low crime city compared to American cities, and I love every American City I have worked in or visited, some people love to to live in fear and delusion I am not one of them. Anyway I do apologize but I cannot sit idly while outsiders trash my CITY, I will let it go. Again sorry just feel I have to. I have pmed her on the night she posted this and hope she has found a place, I went over ads she sent and explained where and what was in the area, I just want those to know if you move here you will more than likely just LOVE US lol.

Areas prone to extreme poverty, drug and alcohol abuse, sever gang issues and lot so of homeless unfortunately. Poverty affects different people in various ways, and poverty alone does not make for a seedy area, I think it involves many factors to qualify as such. It is a very sad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back