Totally off the wall...

duhast

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...but who else has ever spent enough time in the darkroom so that you could 'see' in the total darkness? I don't mean with safelights, I mean that you knew the place well enough so that you could visualize everything?

I am quite comfortable in my darkroom. Over the time you develop same sens of space and dynamics of own movement like people with no sight.

...but who else has ever spent enough time in the darkroom so that you could 'see' in the total darkness? I don't mean with safelights, I mean that you knew the place well enough so that you could visualize everything?
Now, as it looks like the thread is not interesting, what your conclusion Duhast ?

Now, as it looks like the thread is not interesting, what your conclusion Duhast ?

Dunno. Pick one.

1. My topic is totally off the wall and people think I'm nuts.

2. I've got more darkroom time than most here.

3. No one cares.

4. I'm completely full of crap.

Still, I think it is an interesting sensation when it happens.

I can walk around my house in complete darkness using just the "force" to navigate.

It's actually an interesting topic. One of my "pro" buddies told me that if I wanted to be good at this art, I should practice setting all the camera settings without looking at it, and knowing by feel where all the controls were located. I've been practicing that, but I still get tripped up with things that require menus, partly because I'm not always consistent in pushing the little itty-bitty buttons. This approach also puts a premium on resetting the camera after use to a base configuration. So the ability to function in a darkroom (without using visual cues) is quite analogous to working with a camera without looking at it.

Dunno. Pick one.

3. No one cares.

Picking #3, adding: no one want to care, darkroom it's a dreaded space where you on your own with the forces of physics and without the handicap of a computers.

Your eyes actually open up and get used to the darkness after around 20 mins (or so I been preached) and you will get adjusted to that level of light and vice versa. When you walk out into bright light. Your eyes don't change in the blink of an eye. Which is why sometimes everything is so bright. However, I only learned that in a Psychology class lol

I'm not always consistent in pushing the little itty-bitty buttons.
No kidding man. There is only one type of buttons to be handled in the dark or without looking. And this buttons are not on the camera. :lol:

Dunno. Pick one.

3. No one cares.

Picking #3, adding: no one want to care, darkroom it's a dreaded space where you on your own with the forces of physics and without the handicap of a computers.

It was in college where I discovered that at least as far as being a professional commercial photographer, I enjoyed being in the darkroom MUCH more that being behind the camera...

Your eyes actually open up and get used to the darkness after around 20 mins (or so I been preached) and you will get adjusted to that level of light and vice versa.

Exactly. Knowing the room will factor into it, but you'd be amazed at how well you can see in the darkness given time to adjust.

If you really want to do an experiment on it, and see how well you REALLY know things, do it all completely blindfolded while in there, then report back.

Dunno. Pick one.

3. No one cares.

Clearly, this thread is interesting, it just took a bit of time to get started.

I have spent enough time in the darkroom to experience what you mean, it's pretty cool. The drawback for me after many years has been that my eyes have trouble in bright light, though. Sunglasses are a must for me now, even on cloudy days.

I can walk around my house in complete darkness using just the "force" to navigate.
I could do that except I have kitties, or UFOs (Under Foot Objects).

I could do that except I have kitties, or UFOs (Under Foot Objects).
:lol:
The beauty of the darkroom is: only you, project and the beer. Everybody else OUT !:playball:

after many years has been that my eyes have trouble in bright light, though. Sunglasses are a must for me now, even on cloudy days.
Sorry to hear that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back