TPF Con 2005! Joshua Tree National Park

Do you plan on attending?

• Total voters
It’s the budget-cutting time of year at work and if I survive the cutting. Will make the trip for sure. Despite the fact I don’t liking camping.

Hey, guess what???? I haven't convinced my boyfriend to come YET...he's won't say yes yet because of school and work. Well, I just looked it up on his university website, and his spring break is MARCH 12-20!!!!! So...I just have to convince him to skip ONE day of school, OR figure out a way to fly home on Sunday evening (anyone gonna be going back to the airport sunday????) and to request ONE weekend off from work! Yay! My chances just got a little higher! Just had to brag about that to someone. I'm kinda happy. Let's see if it gets me anywhere.

Question, How easy do you think it would be to find everyone at the park? I'm thinking about flying into Palm Springs if I go.

we'll be the big group of nerds with cameras, dancing naked around a cactus....

Hey Guys, looks like 2 out of the 9 campgrounds have water and toilets? http://www.joshua.tree.national-park.com/camping.htm

Btw, I'm definitely considering this trip!! Sounds like so much fun! But kinda like Corry, I need to know all the logistics before booking tickets, you know? :roll:

Like not being bale to shower...lol...that might be sort of a problem for me. My hair gets unbelievably greasy by the end of the day! Hahaha....something you guys do not wanna see! =P

And so it's definitely 3/17-3/21? b/c originally, I think it was 3/18-3/21.

I told my bf about it and he's totally interested in visiting JT, but he has all those logistical questions too, like is this more of like ppl. justy planning? or more of an organized event, like you know, with structure? He says he wouldn't mind driving 40 miles to get to a bed...lol. Me thinks that might kinda suck for 4 nights. Ummm...but yea, showers are a concern for him too.

Dude, I would totally be into the solar shower thing if possible...hahaha. I'm a city gal so never heard of those before.....very creative! And funny! =P And as I said we're "city" folks, 4 nights in the desert in some what sounds like hard core camping conditions....hehe, I don't know if we'd make it! =P

I'm DEFINATLY going (see title! :)) But, yeah..I'm curious about all these things...Chase and a bunch of others from that area will be doing a scouting trip and let us know the answers to our questions!

Solar shower is just a big bag that gets hot in the sun. Since we're in the desert our chance of sun is pretty high :p
We'll have more specifics after the scouting trip. I'm sending Malachite to meet up with the freaks from socal to keep an eye on things ;)

After the scouting trip we need to book some group sites asap. That is spring break weekend and JT is pretty popular.

Yup and a decent sleeping bag that will keep you warm. There still is a chance the night time could get down to the upper 30's

voodoocat said:
Yup and a decent sleeping bag that will keep you warm. There still is a chance the night time could get down to the upper 30's

Well, thanks to the wonderful Photogoddess, I will have a sleeping bag waiting for me!!! Good thing, too, cuz I would have NO idea where I would get my hands on the camping gear I would need!

core_17 said:
voodoocat said:

Well, thanks to the wonderful Photogoddess, I will have a sleeping bag waiting for me!!! Good thing, too, cuz I would have NO idea where I would get my hands on the camping gear I would need!
I'll be bringing a bunch of gear too :D
And I may be a city boy but I've done my fair share of camping... camping, even with flush toilets is not roughing it :p Hike 2 miles with all your gear, to a place that restricts campfires and that's roughing it :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back