Train in the Rain

Markus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mkv.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, just sitting at a red light just across a set of tracks. Been at that light hundreds of times and never saw a train on those tracks before. As I said sitting at red light, look to my left and here comes a train, grab my camera off the front seat roll down my window and grabbed a few pix before it went by. This was the best of the three. we had snow last night and rain today. You can see the ice on the tree branches.

Attachments

• $train 2.jpg
    $train 2.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 78
Took me a while to really see the rain, but once I did, I could no longer look past it! So will that rain melt away the snow or will it just turn into more ice?

The 70-300mm lens must have been attached to your camera, else you would have photographed more of the frame of your car window, right? (I have taken photos like that myself before, camera on the passenger seat, forced stop, interesting sight, and ... pow! ;))

Hi, yea it's a little hard to see the rain in that shot. It was not raining as hard as earlier that day. We got about 3 inches of rain total for the day. It was really pouring down at times. The rain got rid of a lot of the snow and today it's supposed to get up to around 39 degrees so that should get rid of a lot more.

The 70-300mm lens must have been attached to your camera, else you would have photographed more of the frame of your car window, right? (I have taken photos like that myself before, camera on the passenger seat, forced stop, interesting sight, and ... pow! ;))
No actually my 28-80mm was on there. I just zoomed in a little. I was shooting over my shoulder and a little behind me so my mirror didn't really get in the shot either.
I hope that "POW" doesn't mean what I think it does!

I love the color the train and cars. Tha weather deminds me of a couple of days we have had around here lately. If you want more feedback you might want to try putting your photos up on a site such as www.imageshack.us and then copying them into your thread!

I love trains and really like this shot. Looking at it reminds me how easy it would be for me to get some train photos since I live less than a quarter mile from the tracks - not sure why I've never tried....

Hi cpelsy2k1. Thanks, yea it was a pretty colorful train. Would have looked even better had it been a nice sunny day!
About posting the pictures, I had been using photobucket and linking to them but then when I became a subscriber they said I could link directly off my computer so I tried that. Usually it shows a thumbnail of the photo and you click on it to see the larger size. For some reason this time there is no thumbnail just the name of the jpg. If someone knows why this happened maybe you can let me know. In the meantime I think I will go back to the way you suggested. Thanks again.
That's weird, now the thumbnail showed back up.

Hi Dagwood56, thanks, glad you like it. I would go for it if you live that close to the tracks. You should be able to get some interesting shots. I just stumbled onto this one. I have one more of a couple of old RR cars on a side track by an abandoned factory. If I can find it I will post it. Thanks Again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back