Train pics ( let me know on the editing)

8ball

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I took a shot at trying to do some editing please let me know what you think
I will post the befores and afters
DSC_0818.jpg

DSC_0818-1.jpg

DSC_0811-1.jpg

DSC_0811.jpg

i like the idea on number three, but why so blurry?

I love #2. Great image, but it could use some more contrast, it's primarily middle-gray.

The diagonal lines are what make this good, for me. I like the crossing paths, the bridge being light and the tracks being dark.

I took the liberty of taking the color original and converting it to black and white green filter with Silver Effex and then played with the burn tool. I tried not to obliterate the detail..

CUHbj.jpg

im not to sure why it converted to become so blurry. my editing skills are very poor have never really tired it before
rez that came out pretty sweet did you do all that in photoshop?

im not to sure why it converted to become so blurry. my editing skills are very poor have never really tired it before
rez that came out pretty sweet did you do all that in photoshop?

Yours isn't 'poor' I just thought it needed some contrast.

Thanks, yeah I did it in photoshop. I'm glad you like it :) I really like the shot.

rez how about the angle on this one
DSC_0819.jpg

rez how about the angle on this one
DSC_0819.jpg

Too much angle. Now i can see all the stuff in the street, which is rather distracting.

Personally I like the first one more. I'll remind you though that I'm not very experienced with a camera or what looks good in terms of composition, just learning as I go.

i was thinkign the same thing on the distraction side of it just need smeone to agree with me hahaha

I don't know if you noticed but there is no train in the first two shots :)

As mentioned the 3rd one is too blury, otherwise it is a good crop and a good idea.

thanks everyone

I like the first one BW and Rez's editing on it. (I REALLY want to get Nik SliverEfex). Generally with my editing of BW at a minimum I add contrast to the image, sometimes quite a bit to (as was mentioned) take it away from the middle gray look.

Most reactions

Back