The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It is odd that four, relatively small SEAsian countries that touch each other with only rivers for boundaries have developed distinctly different small vehicles.

This is the classic Thai tuktuk noisy, loud polluting.
It has slightly different cabs, depending on usage (people or freight) but it is basically a one-piece vehicle for city or very short distances

tuktukthailand-00263.jpg

This is the classic Myanmar vehicle in the country, a diesel donkey that pulls a wagon of different types.

tuktukmyanmar-002.jpg

There is a similar but slightly different vehicle in Laos.

tuktukloasII-00036.jpg

while in Cambodia, everything seems to be a motorcycle pulling a cab of some sort.

tuktukcambodia-00022.jpg

And in all the SEAsian countries there is the small truck with a passenger cabin , capacity ∞
tuktuktruck-104.jpg

To get some idea of how the traveler moves around look at The Man in Seat Sixty-One - the train travel guide... , a site that has train and bus tickets for the entire world.

Last edited:
excellent thread and very interesting lew.

58 days from now and I'm gone on my way back.
First flight to Bangkok, then short flight to Chiang Rai in northern Thailand then bus into Laos and another bus up close to Laos, Chinese, Myanmar border at the point of the red arrow then 2.5 weeks in a loop of the north ending at green arrow where we fly out to Bangkok and home.
Can hardly wait.
There is no feeling of freedom like sitting in a small cafe 12000 miles from home drinking a Beer Lao.

map.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back