Valls

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys,

Here I come again with another photo I hope for you to critique!
This photo was taken at the beach, in a somewhat cloudy day.
My camera is a soperzoom, Nikon Coolpix P500.
This was shot in Manual mode, handheld, ISO 160, f/5.6, shutter speed 1/320s, at about 88,7mm (according to exif data).

Here's the picture:
V3OSdvYWo5HCfa6U0XE2uDGdybOD4yaHw3HL_0RQVlzVi20jjIrpBbsXgX2EeA83i2GSSJyypS8YXHqDvofA3pzZJyWVrsockqVx4tyueqTkEmqi8kBLXb3V2SUtPTvJ0ubMyFOGnAwzpc3R7FrZrlVQVWDWCW3ni39jT9pn80fVkJXxaCkQQGJJkwOXSTlSfeWJkm63r5okL012OEeOyGP78OItw2SL5BXxVQHrXLomTlVOupQexPbzL9H7vRAdNV-dZM_ikwpfZip7S7uun-Q3HEql3L2_NKgEcWGTVRoBbCx1ILh08alRbpl99qY0NT7zJ2MeQG1hFX9m6H_hboxT50XXPaLWHY1qebwQBTt5EI748fTdznBoDVkgHpiW_TwnWbY49Sdk7qxP3dUY0DT95Bm7N3VxalKIn1cKA70P0m3KU0TJOQIwFhvf5mCa3oRw1Dt3CwsDTa_DWx1q_UBYH3kdHivbYMzCHniy-ljPAMCXuovL5yxx40goFKtMagwsWHDFZ2qbQq0rA5VwR_JAHCNm_yvTFUo_8-iHa_xOIIN6dEa6zCDUtB1mXeRVmpotrK-gkbIcqQTLlT-T3x_oi2CYsDg=w1258-h943-no

And if you wanna suggest a different crop/post processing here's the original:
BpM7BeR-5KvCoynX4iMhpDQpLp9LefsbsDOwGFP5rz5_QY5p4wQZm-TCLuEff4g831PsZB4dU7yUqheCsyH3Rp4lM-hUK5ItByZie8Q0b397GOAGciW5saNtdTfXIjSjDJlyDm9tpcs-57ZG8gMf_r8guS1nvyqZex75jt4fQxtSV50RF5OanjBr5xDLrUZWmJ9eYGYe9jPcoO9Gl9IgPHcpSLVZks0KVl5AXR2PC_Cj4BjmXw2PVZGGtd18p5AiUyV02uOOweq0SqBcNGbu3k_Gsexfcvxoeo7WDzLbpWuMVqSZ9u7KkUVFcYQPOSPCKJPIKw6zxWIOIafP_-CdOvo-AjsTEUnbxa7JA7secwzWL_x91DrvWrK5x3URiGGUMC667eL4HA2i7DjI1k3jDE-yyfNSq6zUL28F65PUOYNOHuCz1P61aQikOsTXMtCRb_JKY2gWTgezPzagB6IloIanYu2VvXTKxjdLRRL2YJ7d9157epw6pxOQ0kXUyLntxQjiu3fofsgi04sRzvS39AGiVnVp5WmQJfofuYJdeGCwBzeu35nTNeFVSFdl8Sw8T511vxqRNVqLAXRUhiaHT0kcfJEJOuQ=w461-h346-no

So, I wanted to pass a certain impression with this picture... I want you to tell me what impression you got when you saw it! I could tell you what I wanted you to see, but I don't wanna influence on your opinion! If anyone gets it, I'll let you know!

Other than that, please say anything that come to mind as to how I could have made it better. I know the picture is a bit underexposed, but I was handholding the camera and quite zoomed in (for the shallower depth of field), so I wanted to make sure it was pretty sharp (or as sharp as it gets, anyway).

Once more, thank you guys! Cheers!

The darkening of the grass along the bottom is a problem for me in the conversion.
I think mono was a good choice otherwise. Cropping is not the best option to correct though.

Maybe using a process that does not darken the bottom quite so much - or correcting in some other way?

The first thing I thought: "what is that on the horizon to the right side?"
I tend to look long range though.

Crop the grass out entirely.
It's otherwise a very nicely done (And a bit disturbing) picture.

Hey guys, thanks for commenting!

I kinda noticed the over darkened grass at the bottom by the time I posted, but it didnt bother me enough to fix it! My intention with it when I took the picture was to use it as some sort of a framing, idk... I could correct it with some masked exposure or I could crop it out entirely and give the picture more of a "cinematic" feeling...

About the thing on the Horizon, lol I saw that either! But I forgot to clone it out before posting! Will do for sure!

I will try the two things, the cropping and the brightening, and post here! If you guys could comment on those later about which one you like better I'll be flattered!
Manaheim, If its disturbing I think its a mission accomplished... Thats exactly what I was going for! Kinda disturbing, creepy, sad, something like that! Thanks and thanks for the compliment :)

Thank you all, I'll come back later with the fixed picture

Sent via Tapatalk

So, I wanted to pass a certain impression with this picture... I want you to tell me what impression you got when you saw it!
Hello!

I get no impression other than the trash bin is worn, soiled, and cracked. I see the ocean is laughing through his mouth. The breaker foam looks like the clown's upper teeth. Other than that, I'm getting nothing. Sorry.

So, I wanted to pass a certain impression with this picture... I want you to tell me what impression you got when you saw it!
Hello!

I get no impression other than the trash bin is worn, soiled, and cracked. I see the ocean is laughing through his mouth. The breaker foam looks like the clown's upper teeth. Other than that, I'm getting nothing. Sorry.
Thanks for commenting!

You get no feeling whatsoever? No feelings of disturbance, creepyness, sadness or anything? Perhaps I didnt make it clear with the word "impression", I meant more like a feeling than any visual impression!

Sent via Tapatalk

BTW, I think the vignetting is a little heavy-handed.

Hello!

Thanks for commenting!

You get no feeling whatsoever? No feelings of disturbance, creepyness, sadness or anything? Perhaps I didnt make it clear with the word "impression", I meant more like a feeling than any visual impression!

Sent via Tapatalk
I think there's a really good photo lurking here, but maybe you're not quite there, yet... I would be tempted to come back at night and reshoot this. I think using light painting and some trial and error, you could indeed turn this into a very creepy image!

You get no feeling whatsoever? No feelings of disturbance, creepyness, sadness or anything?
Correct. None whatsoever. Certainly not any of those feelings.

I really like this photo. To me, there is something kind of macabre about this creepy clown garbage can. The fact that you chose to go black and white adds to the darkness/creepiness. The dark grass at the bottom of the photo is kind of distracting for the eye though.

I really like this photo. To me, there is something kind of macabre about this creepy clown garbage can. The fact that you chose to go black and white adds to the darkness/creepiness. The dark grass at the bottom of the photo is kind of distracting for the eye though.
Thanks for commenting! Thats exactly what i was going for... Except the grass, that was a failure... Next time I try using something for "framing" the picture I will make the same shot without the framing, just in case! Cropping now would give the PIC a weird feeling, i guess..
Thanks again :)

Sent via Tapatalk

Valls, I think you can still crop it, just crop a bit out of the left or right as well to maintain the aspect ratio. You should be able to make it work fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back