Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BRI_8079.JPG
BRI_8079.JPG

The girls' feet look funny lol

BRI_8079_02.JPG

uncropped. Really just took this because i saw the trash truck coming to the stop sign (and have known them to not actually stop but do "rolling stops", and saw her coming the other way crossing the street. i didn't think it would hit her i figured she had time but fully expected a reaction from her.

To me this is a nothing shot. What I do appreciate is that you anticipated that a shot was about to occur and swung into action. Keep practicing, next time maybe you'll be a little faster, maybe the frame will be square, maybe the focus will be on the subject and maybe the pedestrian will have a reaction worth capturing.

As I'm walking up/into an assignment, I'll adjust the cameras settings based upon what I am seeing from afar. That way when I'm actually there my settings are reasonably close to what I need/desire for the shot. Going from inside to outside I'll adjust the camera or outside to inside. (I don't shot in auto.) Pre-thinking settings saves some time and helps with previsualization.

To me this is a nothing shot. What I do appreciate is that you anticipated that a shot was about to occur and swung into action. Keep practicing, next time maybe you'll be a little faster, maybe the frame will be square, maybe the focus will be on the subject and maybe the pedestrian will have a reaction worth capturing.

As I'm walking up/into an assignment, I'll adjust the cameras settings based upon what I am seeing from afar. That way when I'm actually there my settings are reasonably close to what I need/desire for the shot. Going from inside to outside I'll adjust the camera or outside to inside. (I don't shot in auto.) Pre-thinking settings saves some time and helps with previsualization.
thanks for the response i couldn't agree more. You think in some of our novice cases we would be better off just leaving the camera in auto for "unplanned shots" when it isn't in use? I had it in manual from before and barely had time to get the lens cap off on this one (i probably am too slow).

Ditch the lens cap, it only slows you down. Auto has its place, but it also makes you lazy. All the pre-thinking you can do prior to releasing the shutter, usually, will make for a better photograph.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back