trial version of camera rc

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just started a trial version of camera rc. About the cheapest tethering program i could find. I have nothing to compare it too so really have no idea if it is good or not. Quick search i found about 20 tethering programs. I am prefering something cheap or FREE as i dont plan on using it extensively. Occasional portraiture.

If anyone can give me a quick heads up on what sucks and what is good and cheap it would be helpful. Imagine some of you have been through multiple tethering programs and no a lot more than i do. I did consider camera control for nikon. But honestly just didnt want to spend the $$$$ on it. i don't use lightroom either or have lightroom .

oh, if anyone has something in mind that might cost a little more than 20 bucks. I prefer anything i actually buy to come with a disk. I dislike paying for downloads i like having a actual disk.

I use "Control My Nikon". It does everything very well so really haven't looked at the current price.
Thanks, i just did a quick download of it but it seemed a little more of a interface than i needed. so i went with something else. Looks like a handy program though, just not sure if i would use most of that? I tried the voice commands, neat idea. Seemed a little hit or miss in practice. Focus stacking seemed kind of neat. couldnt get the hdr to work, no idea why. In live view my flash stopped working and my shutter speed changed. Not sure why on that either. Probably just stuff one would work out as they used it a lot and got used to it. Neat anyway thanks.

digicamControl. Free. Works.

...I prefer anything i actually buy to come with a disk. I dislike paying for downloads i like having a actual disk.

Good luck with that. Actual install CDs went the way of the Edsel & dodo bird. Just hang on to the original download .exe.

digicamControl. Free. Works.

...I prefer anything i actually buy to come with a disk. I dislike paying for downloads i like having a actual disk.

Good luck with that. Actual install CDs went the way of the Edsel & dodo bird. Just hang on to the original download .exe.
thanks. is the sync on this the same "dslrdashboard" i was looking for to put on my android cellphone? Looks like it shoots wifi no cord needed. I might be playing around with these more tomorrow me thinks. Thanks.

oh, and the beta version is easier on the eyes..

dslrdashboard uses an ad-hoc wi-fi.

dslrdashboard uses an ad-hoc wi-fi.

thanks. Very helpful. something else on my to do list. I did manage to find my cellphone last night. Lost it about a month back. Do this i won't have much use for the ml-3 remote. Not that i did anyway.

thanks. Very helpful. something else on my to do list. I did manage to find my cellphone last night. Lost it about a month back. Do this i won't have much use for the ml-3 remote. Not that i did anyway.

This isn't something I use all the time. I have this, wired, and both IR and RF remotes. They all have their pros and cons. I pick the one best suited for the application.

This isn't something I use all the time. I have this, wired, and both IR and RF remotes. They all have their pros and cons. I pick the one best suited for the application.
yeah it isn't working to well. Very glichey. Could be my phone i have a really cheap "dumb" smart phone. seems to be disconnecting and reconnecting over and over and every time it goes back the home wifi it seems so i have to start all over. seems when the screen times out on the phone something goes awry too. Not sure. I will play with it again later i was running out of patience. It might do better on a nicer phone or a tablet.

i downloaded the nikon version too. That actually links right up and works great. Course, all it does is trip the shutter. No gliches but not much different than the ml-3

Try "Forget"ing your home's wifi. You can also set the time your phone has to turn off the screen.

I don't have any issues with it on a Samsung S5.

Try "Forget"ing your home's wifi. You can also set the time your phone has to turn off the screen.

I don't have any issues with it on a Samsung S5.
yeah this is a samsung s765c 4.3 jellybean. i'll give your suggestion a shot. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back