tried something new...

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hey guys! it's been a long time since i've posted anything on here!

Anyway, a disclaimer: I 'specialize' in outdoor and/or environmental portraiture for my clients, so I knew I was taking a big step when I bought a backdrop and some Alien Bees to expand my horizons. I've used them since for a few things, but nothing more serious than directory photos for a church or a charity fashion show. I decided to ask a friend of mine to 'model' for me so I could try some things and also have some fun shooting with my friend's mamiya 645AF.

I just thought i'd post a few shots from the day...I appreciate any tips or comments!

p.s. these were taken with my 5d, not the 645. Also, this was a really relaxed test shoot, hence the clothes and the different makeup and hair near the end.

pretty random, just thought i'd post them up here for kicks
smiley.gif
thanks for looking!

104-lowsat-sm.jpg

KarleyChaos-16-bordered-sm.jpg

117cropbwsm-1.jpg

KarleyChaos-22-Edit-smbordered.jpg

chaosmirror1-sm.jpg

thanks for looking!
[/FONT]

Hey, good to see you posting again Daniel. It was a long time that you were not here! I missed you and your photos. They are so inspirational. Have always been.
Also your new ones. Taken with your new lights and indoors.
My favourite of this series is the second. I really like her eyes in that one. She is a pretty model to begin with! For sure. But her eyes - their size! - come out best in that one, I think. You did something a little extra to them, didn't you?

I was wondering where you were! I love the last 2. Very nice. I am working on trying to get some alienbees also. I guess you like yours then? Nice job!

I love them all. You have great skill.
Also your model is really beautiful. You're lucky to have such a willing subject with such a great look.

well, i thought i had posted this yesterday, but i guess i didn't! i love #2 and #3. but i do think #3 is my fav!!!

I agree with above. 2 and 3 are great but 3 is my favorite.

As if you need a disclaimer...geez Daniel. ;)

For someone who doesnt normally do studio portraits, these are nothing short of amazing. But Im pretty sure you already know that. :)

Always a treat to see your inspirational work!

NJ

These are just plain terrific. I can't wait to see what you can do with a more serious shoot using the same model. She has a genuinely beautiful look and is very photogenic. Great stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back