Tripod For Shooting Object Parallel To Lens On Ground

DigitalDiva

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there. I'm new so forgive me if this has been asked.

I have a friend who has a Manfrotto tripod with some sort of boom which allows for great shots of things below the camera (with lens parallel to object on ground) but without getting the legs of the tripod in the frame. I've Googled my eyes out looking for this but am not sure where to find it. Doesn't matter where it is located. As long as I have a name or examples, I can look for it. Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Bogen Manfrotto 3021prob. I have that pod with the 488 rc0 head, but the 0 is the style of quick release. For still cameras smaller than a land camera you should get the rc2 quick release. The 0 indicates it is for video cameras and small large format cameras. The head is a ball head, and you might like the 3 way pan head better, I forget the number on that head. B&H Photo is where I got mine, most dependable dealer out there.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=284777&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

I forgot to mention in the above post that the center pole of the bogen removes from vertical to horizontal so you can lower to groundlevel, and the center pole inserts back horizontal for taking those types of pics.

Thanks for both replies. coastietech, yes. That is what I'm looking for but I also need the whole tripod with boom.

Bogen Manfrotto 3021prob. I have that pod with the 488 rc0 head, but the 0 is the style of quick release. For still cameras smaller than a land camera you should get the rc2 quick release. The 0 indicates it is for video cameras and small large format cameras. The head is a ball head, and you might like the 3 way pan head better, I forget the number on that head. B&H Photo is where I got mine, most dependable dealer out there.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=284777&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

I've ordered from B&H a few times. Wonder if they ship internationally. Gonna skip on over there and have a look. I have an oldish Canon Digital Rebel 6.3MP. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that. But I love the results I get with it and I just can't afford more than that right now. I had to leave most of my photo equipment back in California when I moved to Holland. Cheaper to just buy it here plus my older equipment wasn't so sturdy.

Most reactions

Back