Trying something new

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
While out taking photos this past weekend, I thought I'd try a new approach. Please be as critical as you can because this is not a picture that I'd usually take.

crack.jpg

I like it. :) Then again, I'm a texture freak. Reminds me of a 2-D project I had to do in a photography class long ago. I'd love to see it a bit brighter, maybe more saturation to bring out the colors in the rock/concrete, and to clone out that pink/orange part in the lower left.

Ummm, sweetie, that's a crack in a sidewalk eh?

What are you trying to convey with the picture? I think it would have more meaning if you can see more of the sidewalk. I.e are the cracks all over? What drew you to this particular one?? If you're looking for texture I agree with Lungfarmer, you've got that down, but perhaps a bit lighter to see more. That little bit of orange in the lower left needs to go, unless of course you change it to black and white :wink:

I thought it was a column because of the curvature of the light on the right side. My first thought was "What is it?" Other than that, if texture floats your boat, clean up the orange and you've got it. 72 dpi isn't a good medium for it though.

the road of life is a line; a crack in the wall
it splits into directions, it turns around
and eventually, the wall falls down.

i want to make a better comment on this one, but i have to get it on my crt somehow :? laptop screen is making the gradients shift tone.

I would agree with Alison that this would work better as a B&W image. It's all about texture here, and you want to feel the concrete very raw and stark - you can't get that with the flecks of color and the bright orange, as previously stated. But a sharp, contrasty B&W image will put that crack in the concrete right in your face.

Mad props for trying something new. That's always a good thing. :thumbsup: You're onto something here with what you were trying to acheive; you just might want to have it better defined in your mind's eye while the subject is there in front of you. It's that lame old Ansel Adams "previsualization" speech again. :wink: Is it strictly about texture, or is it more about decay? If it's the latter, were there dead leaves, etc., nearby to add to the composition? Yada yada yada, but you see where I'm going with this. Try again, this is a mindset worthy of pursuit.

Most reactions

Back