Trying to decide on a flash

CherpeAr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
got my camera last week (canon sl2) and researching fervently, flashes.
I’m a total complete noob and just doing it for fun but want to get quality pics of my grandson for my daughter. I’m very interested in learning how to be better.
Found this and contemplating it.
Anyone used it or have thoughts?! I’m trying to keep cost low . Thanks

Attachments

• 69D4A941-7229-4C5A-AD85-D95CEE43DDA8.jpeg
    69D4A941-7229-4C5A-AD85-D95CEE43DDA8.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 372
Not sure if the flash is included in that 'flash trigger set'.

I have a 430 ex laying around from my canon days. If you were in Europe I would have made you a good price :allteeth:

Looks like one of a slew of MiC units put out by Godox or similar. They're likely decent for casual use, but expect the build quality to be less than optimal, and it wouldn't shock me to hear that it failed suddenly, but for that price, it's hard to go wrong.

Here’s more info

Attachments

• B1F567E8-73B0-42DB-8AAF-80A2887D7A40.png
    B1F567E8-73B0-42DB-8AAF-80A2887D7A40.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 381
Another recommendation for the Godox/Flashpoint speedlights. I went with the non-TTL versions and would highly recommend going with the XPro trigger for remote control of flash power.

Not sure if the flash is included in that 'flash trigger set'.

Says in the lower right corner that it includes one flash unit...

Anyway...for $74...how can you go wrong? If it lasts two or three years, you'll be money ahead. There are MANY of these inexpensive Made in China flash units now...one that comes with triggers for $74 is a testament to how well China has been able to undercut the pricing of Japanese camera and flash manufacturers.

I'd splurge for a flash with built-in radio TTL receivers...

I can control all 7 of my flashes with one simple controller -- no other devices necessary; just turn them on and they can be controlled remotely.

coincidentally I have like 7 useless radio triggers sitting in a box.

I'd splurge for a flash with built-in radio TTL receivers...

I can control all 7 of my flashes with one simple controller -- no other devices necessary; just turn them on and they can be controlled remotely.

coincidentally I have like 7 useless radio triggers sitting in a box.

The other nice piece about that particular Flashpoint/Godox system is that you can mix strobes and speedlights without needing to buy triggers for either.

correct, I have three studio strobes and four speedlights.

Well I know nothing about the flashes or strobes etc lol. But I don’t want to have to upgrade right off the bat either

Most reactions

New Topics

Back