TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flick.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
nycstormc2-3.jpg

835369404_3ba9afd430.jpg

i straightened the buildings to remove the wide angle distortion and added contrast with a curves layer. nothing else special.

I like the first alot!! Its wide which makes it work for me...also I love the busyness of it!! Semms as though you put yourself in a bit of danger for these 2...lol

Something about the second one that bothers me a little...dont knowif its the blurry cab or the non sharpness of the whole shot!! Ill keep looking and try to figure it out.

Well done!!

yes, i agree about the second photo. it's not sharp, shutter speed was a little slow while trying to shoot in a darker situation. it was becoming dark and i was also trying to dodge..everything. hah. thanks for the input.

Okay ... a B&W of NYC ... I don't see anything special ... no capturing of the decisive moment or great vision here. What else you got?

i agree with gary.

there isn't some amazing light, subject matter, or composition. its overall so - so, not because of any technical mistakes, just a lack of content.

i think these shots have just been done so many times that people don't see anything really interesting anymore imo

If it was my image I would crop shot #1 right behind the lady with the bags. I would think the reason obvious. Shot two.....print the people on a different medium, remove them from the shot anyway you can. I would try liquid emulsion on a steel or manufactured surface with the people being printed on a natural surface like wood or something else. Just some quick thoughts, I like your shots, maybe cause I have fond memories of NYC.

coming back to them now, i do think if your aim was to show us that location you did a fine job, but in terms of framing it or printing it i agree with chronicle, alternitive printing processes can improve lots of shots.

thanks a lot guys for all the input. i'm going back to the city this weekend so hopefully i'll have new photos to show with these suggestions used.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back