two self portraits

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by thebeginning, Jan 26, 2007.

1. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    took some photos of myself the other day in my room...trying to get used to using a strobe for the first time (it's pretty fun, i must admit).

here they are...using a canon 20d and 50mm 1.8 (at 5.6). lighting was a photogenic powerlight 600 with pearl umbrella, with a large (48" I believe) silver reflector to the left.

thanks for any comments/critique!

for some reason the composition of this first one just worked (except for the clipped left hand)...maybe it's just me. but cropping it differently seemed to take away a certain element. i might post a few options in the critique section and see what others think...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

had some fun:

[​IMG]

nothing special, just testing the waters...hence why i didn't change the job for a cowboy shirt (i doubt any of you have even heard of them). thanks for looking though!

2. just x joey

just x joey TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    the first one is my fav. the others are nice too, lol i've herd of job for a cowboy, don't really liek them tho haha. check out my friend's band http://www.myspace.com/onesteptoomany its a little mroe tough guy hardcore, as job for a cowboy is like metal core ish.

but, those portraits are really nice. i wish i knew howda do stuff like that.

3. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

dude your friends are pretty good. i dont listen to alot of tg hardcore, but i do like it some...good stuff.

thanks for the comment!

4. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    how do you like the light, and is it for that job your doing for that other photog?

i like the textures you added in the last one.

5. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

yep, it was for that job...

honestly, i liked it ALOT. really nice light, and loads of power to work with. but this is the first time i've used a strobe, so i'm sure they'd all seem like that to me :)