Underwater Housing

sdgmusic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sean-degroote.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I see that underwater housings are around $400 CDN. I also see that there is a type that looks like a ziploc bag. Are these any good? will they leak? do they allow you to use all or most of the buttons?

I see that underwater housings are around $400 CDN. I also see that there is a type that looks like a ziploc bag. Are these any good? will they leak? do they allow you to use all or most of the buttons?
They'll only get you to a few feet of depth. As a scuba diver, they're not anything terribly useful in my opinion.

You really do get what you pay for here. Ikelite, Sea&Sea, Aquatica, and Aquatech are some of the big-name brands.

I have yet to buy one for myself as the housings for the d50 cost more than the camera itself.

The bag-type housings are from Ewa Marine. While some folks disdain them, they're easy to use, and relatively affordable (particularly nice if you only need them occasionally). Depending on the model, some are good to 33' and others to 150' which is plenty for most folks. They don't leak if you read and follow the directions. Since I recently ran into a chap who'd destroyed an expensive SLR by putting it into a far-more professional housing without the o-rings, I think reading and following the directions is key.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back