Upgrade to a 5d mk 2?

CanonEOS said:
A camera is just a tool and it don't make you look any more professional to have the biggest camera and all the lenses, in your hand or around your neck. i call people who do this (Know it alls)

Then you might as well use a disposable camera

The thing that you will miss the most is the 1.6X crop factor when you shoot airshows. Yeah, 5D II AF needs a lot of improvement, but that doesnt mean you wont get good shot. I think your sport photos will improve significantly if it was indoor sport.

I've also been looking into the Nikon d7000, just seems like the full frames out there don't have what I'm looking for unless I want to shell out a lot of money.

It don't matter what camera you own they all do the same (Take pictures) upgrading to a 5D don't make you a better photographer than a 60D owner

:roll:

No, simply owning a pro grade camera won't make you better.

But answer me this. Why do pros buy the pro gear instead of saving thousands of dollars and use Canon Rebel XSi's and consumer grade glass? Hmmmm? After all, as you say, they take pictures.

It don't matter what camera you own they all do the same (Take pictures) upgrading to a 5D don't make you a better photographer than a 60D owner

But answer me this. Why do pros buy the pro gear instead of saving thousands of dollars and use Canon Rebel XSi's and consumer grade glass? Hmmmm? After all, as you say, they take pictures.

Professional photographers photograph to make money.
They use whatever cameras make them the most money. The less expensive the camera,the better.
;)

You keep digging your self into a deeper hole.

They use whatever cameras make them the most money. The less expensive the camera,the better.
;)

Most people haver never owned and used a true professional-level camera. The difference in performance, reliability, price, and weight between a true professional-level camera and an introductory-level or intermediate-level model camera is pretty significant. The 5D and 5D Mark II are basically fairly unusual cameras: based around a roughly $389 EOS Elan film body design, with almost ZERO advanced body features and zero advanced sub-systems, the 5D and 5D-II have offered Canon's "compact, light weight, low-cost full frame option". A cheap to produce, very simplified camera body, fitted with an excellent sensor. No remote flash command system. Color-blind light metering. A truly bare-bones control layout. Very minimal customization of controls and settings (does not have for example Banks A,B,C,and D with all banks independently pre-programmable,for example). Simplified autofocus system.

There are situations where a "pro-level body" makes getting the required kind of photographs fairly easy, and where a slowish, lower-end camera body can have some hesitations and focusing failures that make the camera not "bad", but simply un-reliable, or not-dependable, on a shot after shot after shot, hours-long session basis. People saying a better camera will not make you a better photographer...you know, that is actually not 100 percent true, through and through...that's more of a cliche than an actual real-world fact. When confronted with a CHALLENGING SET of circumstances, the world's better cameras are actually significantly better tools in terms of being able to GET THE SHOT WITH ALMOST CERTAINTY. That's the difference between shooting a pro Nikon or a pro-level Canon body, and a mid-level body, which is what the 5D-II is at most...:"a mid-level body, with a fantastic SENSOR,and a good but not great autofocus system."

For many situations that are not demanding ones, the superior sensor performance and light weight and affordable price of the 5D-II is a totally winning combination,and one used by many Canon pros who want Canon's "lightweight, affordable, low-cost full-frame option".

You keep digging your self into a deeper hole.

;)

How can i keep digging myself into a deeper hole i was ask a question so i answer it, i found this information on a DSLR learning dvd about the (Camera Myths)

You took that DVD too literally. Here, you are speaking with seasoned shooters and camera experts and they are telling you that you have mistunderstood the message the DVD was suggesting if that is what you now beleive to be true.

You took that DVD too literally. Here, you are speaking with seasoned shooters and camera experts and they are telling you that you have mistunderstood the message the DVD was suggesting if that is what you now beleive to be true.

Oh my what did i do this get message from you?

I was ask this question

I reply with this

They use whatever cameras make them the most money. The less expensive the camera,the better

No offense CanonEOS but none of your responses have answered my question. According to your responses one is better sticking with the camera on their phone or even a disposable camera.

The 1D and the 7D are camera bricks and heavy most people today choose light weight DSLR cameras but it's your choice.

A camera is just a tool and it don't make you look any more professional to have the biggest camera and all the lenses, in your hand or around your neck. i call people who do this (Know it alls)

I was ask this question

I reply with this

They use whatever cameras make them the most money. The less expensive the camera,the better

How many real pros shoot with an XSi? Why don't they?

I was ask this question

I reply with this

There are many photoraphers who shoot with prograde cameras and who do not use that camera to 'make money'. And from what I have seen over time, the non-money makers can be even better photgrpahers than the 'money makers'. I suspect that there may be some differences of opinion between you and I as a result of cultural demographics.

A camera is a tool and like knives for cooking, there are all kinds and types. Will using a professional knife make me a professional chef? No. But it is a tool for me to use to accomplish something in particular that I want to accomplish that I might not be able to accomplish without the use of a specialized and refined tool.

I don't make money from cooking and I don't make money from photos, but I choose my tools carefully as I can accomplish more with proper choice of tools than without.

A young man realizes he has an aptitude for sculpting. He buys a set of inexpensive, yet decent tools. The more he sculpts, the better his finished products become. Inevitably, his quality peaks and plateaus. He realizes he needs better tools. His tools require adjustment to technique as they dull, the edge geometry makes certain tasks more difficult, etc. He researches tools and finds a set of better quality, and also contains tools tailored to certain tasks. His work now requires less effort, his tools stay sharp longer, and with the added tools, he can perform tasks that weren't possible before. The final quality of his work improves dramatically. It's far more refined and detailed. He actually begins selling a little bit of his work here and there. But, alas, he plateaus again. He begins researching the sculptors he admires, those he considers masters of their craft. He learns what tools they use. Finally, he takes the wallet emptying plunge and invests in the tools they use. Now with tools of superior materials, manufacture and design, his work again takes a leap forward. With every hammer stroke, he knows exactly how the tool will behave. He works with an efficiency and confidence he's never known before. He's doing work with the refinement and detail he's dreamed of. His work is now being shown and sold in galleries. He's earned the status of a master at his craft.

So, did the tools make him a better sculptor? Of course not. They did something far more important; they allowed him to use his skill set to it's full potential. Cameras are like that.

Adieu

Most reactions

New Topics

Back