upgraded lens?

FearFactory

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do I need to update lens? I have a kit lens right now on my Rebel Ti.

Will it produce better images that these?

I don't see any images.

What do you want to do that your current lens can't?

Whatever that meant, get a 50 1.8.

the reason people upgrade is generally when they are unable to get the results they would want.

If you are happy with the results you are getting than you dont need to upgrade.

I second the 50mm f/1.8 though. I used it and only it while at Philadelphia zoo and was able to take anything from flashless shots of the nocturnal exhibit to the elephants. Awesome lense.

That's a difficult question.

Will it produce better images than these, although I can't see them I would say probably not.

Although kit lenses aren't great, (I had mine for quite a while) if in the hands of a person who knows how to use them they can take great pictures. I would not recommend buying a new lens and expecting it to improve your photos. In my opinion the only reason to upgrade lenses is for it to let you do something you can not already do. For example, if you need to shoot in low light conditions you may want to upgrade. If you have to shoot macro, maybe an upgrade would be useful. If you really desire the extra reach that your kit lens is not currently providing perhaps that may be a good idea.

However, again, if your technique is way off none of these lenses will magically produce great photos.

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, and you want to spend it on photography equipment, I would say that a lens would be a great place to start, but if you are just getting frustrated at the photos and they aren't coming out well at all, I would say to go back and work a great deal on technique.

Most reactions

Back