upgrading my camera..

foned

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So basically ive had my canon digital rebel xt for about 2 years now, its been a great camera but i have some issues with it.

I mostly want a bigger LCD screen on the back (mine is incredibly small) but it would be nice to have a higher amount of megapixels. anyway, im wondering should i upgrade to an xti, xsi, or maybe even something better? i will most likely be purchasing just the body, i have lens's, any suggestions?

IMO, a desire for a larger LCD screen is not a reason to upgrade.

Apparently the new 7D is quite good.

I shoot Nikons, so I'm really no help other than the first sentence.

I really like my T1i. The LCD is nothing short of amazing, does 480p, 720p, and 1080p video, has a 15.1mp sensor, and more pre-programmed and manual features than you could imagine. Might be worth a peek.

The T1i or something like the 50D wouldn't be bad choices if you've learned from the Rebel XT for those two years.

Just remember that good pics are not the megapixels but the size of the sencor

Well it depends on your budget really. I would say stay with Canon...becuase you probably already have Canon lenses. I can't comment on the cameras you mentioned, but I have the Canon XS and I'm happy with it. You can check out some pictures that I have taken by clicking on my signature. I'm new to the hobby, so not sure I am qualified to give real advice, but I do love my Canon XS...which is basically the xsi minus a few auto focus points and 2 megapixels....and 1/2 inch lcd screen.

Let us know what you go with!

basically the main reason i want a megapixel upgrade is for potential of printing pictures, perhaps thats incorrect? i think its true that having more megapixels gives you a better chance at having printable pictures are bigger sizes, as far as upgrading for the lcd screen, it really does put a damper on my day to day photography shooting, i really hate that i can't get a good idea of what the picture i just took looks like before its on my computer, the xsi has a 3" screen, mine is like half that. my budget remains somewhere around 5-800. i figure i can sell my current camera for about 250 on ebay or to someone locally (ive been watching some auctions) so that would go toward the new camera. I am definitely sticking with canon, ive gotten comfortable with canon over the years, and i just bought a canon lens. i will check into the t1i and the 50d. thanks!

So basically ive had my canon digital rebel xt for about 2 years now, its been a great camera but i have some issues with it.

I mostly want a bigger LCD screen on the back (mine is incredibly small) but it would be nice to have a higher amount of megapixels. anyway, im wondering should i upgrade to an xti, xsi, or maybe even something better? i will most likely be purchasing just the body, i have lens's, any suggestions?

Well, you can always upgrade to Nikon! :lol:

Where a lot of megapixels comes into play is fishing around in a picture, cutting out a good section and printing just that. You can make a large enough picture and still not have the graininess you'd have on a smaller mp camera.

Just remember that good pics are not the megapixels but the size of the sencor
A common misconception that the camera manufacturers play to with their marketing.

Good pictures are almost entirely a result of the knowledge and skill of the photographer.

How big do you want to print?
8x12? My XSI at 12.2mp does that and bigger without an issue if using the whole image.

Where more mp will help is when you take a pic and need to crop it and STILL get a good print image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back