uploading pictures from games

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been doing some photography inside some games, are we allowed to upload or share them here for general viewing and critique?

Strange, that says it's not photography. But i can control my dof, lighting, shadows and everything just like them people do with those big cameras :bek113:.

You should collaborate with the guy who takes pictures of Google Maps

Last edited:
Strange, that says it's not photography. But i can control my dof, lighting, shadows and everything just like them people do with those big cameras :bek113:.

Based on that argument painting, sketching and water colours are also photography.

Video games might emulate, but its not the same thing. So in keeping with the general context of the forum its best that we keep them in the creative corner not in the general areas reserved for photography.

I can respect your wishes. But i guess i really don't see the argument? As to where the distinction is, other than one is in the reality as we perceive it and the other one is in a fantasy setting. I think it's just a generational thing, the rules you use in the real world still apply. Anyhow, thanks for the feedback, i'll post them in the creative corner section.

I'm not that old ;)

Really I'm not - I'm totally up for computer game photos and screenshots and such (heck the creative corner already has one such thread talking about them from ages back). But you can't shy away from the fact that the forum is set up around real world photography. Its the primary core focus of the site and what its resources are geared up for.

This subject falls outside of that primary concept and thus its moved into its own section - if it were to prove that we ended up with a large body of users posting actively within that subject area would then be in a position to reconsider policy (although chances are we'd just give them their own gallery section).

I think that is the most likely outcome that it will get its own section. I personally am of the opinion that any users on this forum can use their experience to judge any picture. I mean if you trace the origins of photography, you'll quickly find that it has very obscure beginnings and that nobody really knows when it started, since we now know so much more about our history. It is very likely that people who first started doing photography, also would not consider what we are doing 'photography' as they understood it. I mean, even if you read older poetry and such things, you find that the perception of reality also changes with the zeitgeist of the people. That is why i say "reality as w understand it", because we don't have reality, we only have our tunnel of reality. And everyone has their own tunnel.

Well you've got a fair way to go yet before its got enough volume to count as its own section ;0

Most reactions

New Topics

Back