upside down manfrotto??

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok call me slow if you will, but I have not heard this from anyone till tonight on another forum - but the XPROB series of tripods by manfrotto - the sort with the centre column that goes horizontal. Well if you life the centre column all the way up and then feel into the holder and press the button again you can pull the column all the way out of the tripod. Then you can put it back the bottom - and there you go - its upside down now!

Good for us macro lot!
and interestingly its not even listed on the manfrotto site as a feature!

Not listed as a feature? Mine (3001BPRO) can go horizontal or upside down - I'm pretty sure it was listed in the features. ...One of the reasons I bought it, I can get my camera as close to the ground as I want.

Yup, pretty cool huh?

Found out by accident one night after several shots of Jose...... thought I really phu¢qued it up. Left it alone til morning. Then I smiled :biggrin: but that seemed to hurt my head........

Its a great feature, although I haven't used it much....yet.

I use the center column in the horizontal position more than upside down - horizontal is just easier when you need to point the camera straight down.

Upside down is good for low POVs though (which I don't do too often, but the option to be able to do it was important to me).

Last edited:
Upside down?

Mine has a little triangle thingy in the bottom of the center column and I can take the center column out and put in the little triangle, then put my head + camera on it and splay the legs way out. The "low angle adapter".

But upside down?

hmm I think you are on the previous model number reg - the XPROB line as far as I know are ones with the vertical to horizontal changing centre column - to get the lowdown you shift the centre column to the horizontal and then set it close to the middle.

hmm I think you are on the previous model number reg - the XPROB line as far as I know are ones with the vertical to horizontal changing centre column - to get the lowdown you shift the centre column to the horizontal and then set it close to the middle.

It's definitely an older one, some wilderness model that was discontinued at B&H. Found it in a shopping cart full of old CDs, books, computer speakers and stuff in a church that our acting company bought. So I can't complain. It even had the 501 video head that I plan to sell on ebay sometime soon.

I knew that the newer ones went horizontal ,but yeah I had no idea there were ones that could go upside down.

You just pull the column all the way out and put it in upside down from the bottom. I have the carbon fiber version that does horizontal, upside down and the removable "triangle" end.

Derrick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back