Urban Art Transformed C&C

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
heres sum more urban art pics. C&C welcome! enjoy!

1)
3727653591_393bc2491a.jpg

2)
3728138570_d956b92a64.jpg

3)
3726939789_9393a4cdef.jpg

4)
3726903571_e0320a2f42.jpg

dak I must've missed this post earlier....like number one as you probably already know :D. Is this still in the mission district?

camz
Simply Dashy Photography

dak I must've missed this post earlier....like number one as you probably already know :D. Is this still in the mission district?

camz
Simply Dashy Photography

yep all from the mission district...check out my flickr ..jus uploaded all m ypics from the mission district. enjoy! :mrgreen:

You're just kind of, taking a picture of a picture. You should throw in some different angles and change the composition a bit. But, cool art otherwise.

You're just kind of, taking a picture of a picture. You should throw in some different angles and change the composition a bit. But, cool art otherwise.

Just what I was thinking. We can give C+C for the graffiti artist if you want, but this isn't really your art.

Yeah, this is more like documenting someone else's art works.

I've looked at all your graffiti pictures from the other threads and find them to be kinda boring.

Yeah, this is more like documenting someone else's art works.

I've looked at all your graffiti pictures from the other threads and find them to be kinda boring.

ok thats fine...i'm new to photography...i'll focus on other things besides "street art"...thanks for the advice...

Well,

I think that it's really cool to document others work. There are many things that photographers photo w/out realizing it was somebody else artwork, e.g., buildings, bridges, sculptures, water fountains, etc. As well, there is something to be critiqued from the photos presented...#1--The crop is off and makes the photo look unbalanced. #2--Once again, a funky crop giving a strange perspective. #3--You've got some keystoning going on. #4--Poor cropping and photo taken w/out regard for the "horizon."

If you wish to continue to shoot street art because you really like it, I suggest you find a way to present it in a new way. For example, use frames (photoshop, paint shop pro, etc.), incorporate real ppl., try and capture the pulse of the community, or give a taste of the bldg--heck, maybe try some HDR. TBH, I suspect many of those street artist would love to see their work in print, i.e., postcards, posters, album covers--the list goes on.

Personally I like the photos, but think they just need some presentation forethought.

have a good one
3Eo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back