Urban Witch

Stunning. I love the light, the processing and the overall mood, and I love that your retouching was done with subtlety in mind. I wouldn't change a thing.

It's strange how there are "faults" to an image that I hate when I see in my own images, yet I love when I see in other artist's work. It's a reminder for me to loosen up a little when shooting and selecting which images to edit.

Having just been through this with my last portraits, I gotta agree with tirediron about the hairlight. Although, with mine, I was pleased enough adjusting the blacks and shadows enough to bring up the detail in the dark hair. I think that's really what I would like to see in this image....Just a little more detail in the hair.

Overall, I really like this image

Great expression, look, and makeup for this title. The necklace and her neck are a bit hot, but I get the "why" behind that, with the hot shaft of light being the illumination source. She is such an attractive, fascinating looking person! Maybe you could dodge the darker parts, just a little, maybe do a bit of recovery on the neck and necklace? This might make an incredible B&W, which would allow you to really explore the light/dark relationships without color issues., and with a lot more freedom to alter the relationships of the darker and lighter parts of the shot without the color collapsing in on itself.

I like it. I don't think a hair light is necessary because I feel that would make it seem somewhat too...polished...or studio-esque. The way it is, it's kind of editorialized, which I like because it make me believe this isn't a made-up model.

It also fits with the darker themes I think.

Most reactions

Back