Urgent call - urgent call - do you read me? Germany Meet-Up Group?

If all goes according to plan I should be there around 7am.
Where do I find people... HOW do I find people? And more importantly, how soon can I find a bed?
I'll have been traveling around 12 hours...

Saturday 7am? Wow at 7am I will be probably just getting out of bed ... nmot sure when I will start travel ;)

We land at 9am, so should be there around 10am - will there be anywhere to get some breakfast, as we'll be on the road from about 4am :(

did you get the itinerary? There will be a breakfast opportunity :)

We land at 9am, so should be there around 10am - will there be anywhere to get some breakfast, as we'll be on the road from about 4am :(

You're lucky.
I'll be setting out at around 7.30 pm to get to Dover for the midnight ferry - the French permitting.
By the time I arrive I'll be ready to bunk down on a wasps nest.

Hertz, if you really arrive at 7 a.m., you might want to have breakfast with us and then it should be possible to find a bed for you somewhere here in our house, I am sure!!!

And then at some time during the morning, it should be possible for all of you to move into Ole Hoop. It is not occupied by anyone even now.

Christiane just tells me that the stretch through Belgium and Holland is extremely boring and tiring and that most have to stop for an hour's sleep or so somewhere in Holland because they are sooooo bored, they can't go on.

My ferry gets into Calais about 1.30am and I reckon the journey will take about 5 hours.
I'll have my iPod and a few books so I should be OK ;)

You know when you leave home that you should always check that you have everything you need - well it would seem that I have left the battery charger for my 350D in Riyadh - quite how I don't know, but I have. Hoping someone will have a charger with them in Germany, because they are bound to go flat aren't they...

I think my charger can deal with BP-511 and BP-512 ... does that help?

hmm, looks like we are incompatible here.. .but someone must have a 350 D or a 400 D, right? I think Anty might have a 350D in fact. nor sure though.

This one says NB-2LH on the back of it. Going into town now, so will see if I can grab a spare charger - I know that both Corinna and Jeanne use a 350D also, so hopefuly I'll end up covered one way or another.

You're lucky.
I'll be setting out at around 7.30 pm to get to Dover for the midnight ferry - the French permitting.
By the time I arrive I'll be ready to bunk down on a wasps nest.
Meh, you're a weenie. I used to do 12 hour straight, at night, drives all the time to visit rellies down east. (That said, I would have bedded down on a wasp's nest too once there. It's tiring. And I was younger then)

You know when you leave home that you should always check that you have everything you need - well it would seem that I have left the battery charger for my 350D in Riyadh - quite how I don't know, but I have. Hoping someone will have a charger with them in Germany, because they are bound to go flat aren't they...
I have mine ;) (A 350D is aka Rebel XT, right?)

But have you got a Euro mains plug?

Bit of drama there. Anty's flight was cancelled - but she seems to have managed to get another. At least I've had no more messages.
T would have picked her up en route so no panic.
She obviously didn't know it's a bank holiday weekend and with the French doing their traditional blockade of ferry terminals traveling anywhere out of the UK becomes a bit tricky.
I'm off in a bit.
See you all in foreign parts...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back