Use Tamron Lens on Nikon D40X

cty_9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All,

I m really appreciate if forum can share with me his/her experience using TAMRON lenses on D40X.

does anyone out there still prefer manual focus? i got hooked using an old nikon and honestly still haven't gotten entirely used to the digital autofocus system. what do you people say, should i just get real?

say i choose to get a d40x with a tamron lens. say the Angle SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF]

being someone who still likes to focus for himself. is this some kind of match made in heaven?
answer my question objectively and then feel free to tell me what you really think. perhaps i'm missing something. perhaps atuo-focus systems are the best thing to happen to photography since pictures of sliced bread.

thanks

Manual focusing on AF bodies isn't really that easy because they don't have MF screens in them. I can't manual focus worth anything because of my eyesight and I can't quite get the diopter right. I don't understand why people have a problem with AF, you just need to know how it works and take advantage of it.

Manual focusing on AF bodies isn't really that easy because they don't have MF screens in them. I can't manual focus worth anything because of my eyesight and I can't quite get the diopter right. I don't understand why people have a problem with AF, you just need to know how it works and take advantage of it.

exactly. if you are having trouble with AF, set your AF point to the center, and you'll always know what it is focused on. Also APS-C sensor sizes mean smaller viewfinder images making it all the harder to manually focus.

To retain AF you need either the Nikon AFS lenses or Sigma HSM lenses

Are you sure the Sigma HSM works with AF ? Because I didn't know that. Obviously if it does that's great news, as I just got one of these cameras recently.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back