Used 35mm film camera

Umm, that's kinda vague.

Wasn't there a recent thread about questions like this ?

You should outline your requirements.

Thx for for the link. I'm thinking to get a canon manufocus. I have no interest in computized or autofocus. Just curious, what kind of film cameras do you guys have?

A Canon 1N RS, Olympus XA, and Fuji GF670 are the only ones I still use regularly.

Just curious, what kind of film cameras do you guys have?

Leica M6
Leica IIIf
Nikon FE
Nikon F3
Nikon F4s
Nikon F100
Canon Canonet QL17-GIII
Yashica Electro GSN
Olympus XA
Pentax K1000
Yashica D (TLR)
Kodak Brownie Hawkeye Flash
Holga

Couple of Ricohs and another Pentax in my closet.. forgot which models..

I use my M6 the most.. although, the F100 is probably second. I try to use them all every once in a while to keep the gear oil flowing.

Last edited:
Pentax K1000 +11 lenses that fit all the Pentax from fisheye to 800mm
Pentax ME super (3)
Pentax MV
Pentax PZ10
Pentax PZ70
Yashica 124G
Yashica 635 with adapter & WA & Tele for both Yashicas
Richflex
Ciroflex
plus another 100+ that I sometimes use for fun.

Pentax K1000
Chinon CE 4
Chinon CP 7

All have the K-mount system.

If you can get Canon F1 or F1n, go for it. Series

I have an old F-1n (not N). Although it's a good and solid camera, it is very SOLID (=heavy) to carry it around.

IMHO the camera doesn't really matter too much. But if you shop for old lenses then make sure they are clean and free of fungus etc.

You can also look for for rangefinders. Canon P or Canon 7s (both L39) are ok and opens you the world to the old Leica L39 lenses and its copies.

Seems everyone has a K1000 but me, lol. I've been thinking of getting one though. I have a lens or two in that mount, and I like the batteries not required part of it.

Canon EOS 3000v. Pentax K1000. Ricoh KR5. Olympus OM10. Kodak box brownie. Kodak folding brownie.

The Canon or Pentax are my go to cameras generally. Want an EOS 1V-HS, just need to find one at a good price.

Seems everyone has a K1000 but me, lol. I've been thinking of getting one though. I have a lens or two in that mount, and I like the batteries not required part of it.
Forget K1000, get Ricoch KR-5, much better built camera. And cheaper as it doesn't have the K1000 fame. Essentially it is like K1000 but with much better, steel, vertical movement shutter and better gears.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back