Using Facebook For Marketing

All my out of state weddings come from Facebook. It's a great FREE way to connect.

I do not use Facebook for photography, but for my baby hair bow business. It is a great tool for attracting new customers, with minimal effort, and it is free!! I track my orders, and can actually see a handful of new customers who click from Facebook, and end up with a sale. One of the tricks is, when I am more active, my fans grow. Also, anything I can do to encourage my fans to comment, participate, or even join, is an opportunity for others to see my page, because their activity shows up under the news feed. If you already do a blog, it isn't that much work to copy the information you are already using, and post it on Facebook. It is really easy to add pictures as well. I started my fan page a few months ago, and am already up to nearly 600 fans, adding a few each day. It is also a fun way to stay in brief contact with your customers.

As a note, I often offer Facebook Fan only promotions. Nothing huge, but enough to make them want to join as a fan, and stay tuned to my page. It is pennies (or free) to me, but huge for free advertisement.

Of course, if anyone would like to become a fan of my Facebook page for baby hair bows, I'd love to have you!

I use facebook group and fan page to get to know more people interested in photography. From here, marketing starts. I also use a business account instead of a personal one to make it look more professional

Have you heard about the the Facebook marketing handshakes? It really helps gain more networks..

Yep, I wish you could tag them with them just being fans, but it doesn't work. They have to be friends to be tagged.
I usually add the bride to my FB personal page. What happens most of the time is the bride will then take liberties to tag her friends in the photo. Sometimes I'll just say "Feel free to tag anyone I haven't". This way I don't have to be friends with every guest but it also gets the photo put on another persons page = more marketing ;). But the initial part yes you do have to be friends with at least one of the clients in order to tag.

As far as the OP:

As was mentioned by another poster a lot of my business is generated through facebook. I think a huge reason for this is so many people use facebook, it's easier for you to get noticed through friends walls and news feeds plus they get directed to your fan page. Which will contain your business webpage, blog etc, along with a nice list of photos. I use my FB as a way to put up albums then if there are a few from that session that I adore I may add it to my website to showcase. I've said this so many times but it is such a great tool if utilized properly. As far as FB ownership goes, my watermarks are on them, I ensure to never upload anything more then 1000 pixels. To me it's the payoff of getting clients.

When the terms were first changed I pitched a huge fit (about the photo rights). Then a seasoned photographer humbly put me in my place. I couldn't agree more with his outlook. He sees it as a give and take, plus he ensures all of his stuff is watermarked. So even if they did use the photo his watermark would be right there advertising him at the same time.

At times I wonder why I even have a website with how much my fanpage is used. I keep it updated but I know it doesn't get as much traffic as the fan page.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back