Various Photos

Jeni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just thought I'd put up some photos I've taken over the last year and get some opinions on them, good or bad (constructive criticism is fine =) ).

These were all taken with my Canon Powershot S2IS. I'm going to be upgrading to a Nikon D90 in the next week or two, so I figured I'd put up some of my work with this P&S before I make the leap into DSLR world. I'm pretty proud of my photographs so far and I feel like I've put my S2IS through all I could, so hopefully the D90 will just grow with me.

1. From the nature trails on my campus.
trail-26.jpg

2. Another from the nature trails.
trail-18.jpg

3. Flower from one of the bouquets we recieved for my grandfathers funeral this summer.
daisy2.jpg

4. I like messing with DOF. This was one of those times.
lightsblur.jpg

5. Free concerts by radio stations, gotta love them. Unlike most concerts they allow any kind of camera, so I'll be having fun with my DSLR in the spring
joe2.jpg

6. From another of the free concerts.
eastoncorbin.jpg

7. Random shot when I spotted this guy on my window.
frog-1024.jpg

8. And this last one's just in here for the heck of it cause it's probably the best concert shot I'll ever get. Or at least the closest shot I've got of anyone I've ever seen in concert.
bw-0672.jpg

I like most of these, I think it shows that even if you cant afford the best equipment you can still take interesting pictures. The frog is prolly the only one I really didnt like.

I love the frog!, great angle on him. The last is a bit noisy for my taste, convert to B&W and reduce some of the noise.

I think you have a good eye Jeni. With the D90, you'll have a much faster-responding camera...the response time between seeing a good shot and making the exposure will be sooooo much faster with the SLR that you'll be able to catch shots that even the best digicam might easily be a bit too slow to capture. Enjoy the D90. And please, read the manual so you get all that D90 goodness!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back