Very Close Butterfly Portraits

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got in up close and personal tonight for something a little different

First two shots are a Silvery Checkerspot (they are ALL OVER my yard)
p1017833508-4.jpg

p759444778-4.jpg

Second is a Gray Hairstreak
p693989164-4.jpg

p929570904-4.jpg

.....and just because I don't want to make another thread for Silvery Checkerspots again...here's a couple non-closeups (still pushing close to 1:1 though)
p1051349949-4.jpg

p715488200-4.jpg

Love pics 3 and 4, though they are all good. I like the hairs on the eyes on pics 3 and 4. Are they actually hairs? If not, what are they?

Love pics 3 and 4, though they are all good. I like the hairs on the eyes on pics 3 and 4. Are they actually hairs? If not, what are they?

Thanks....yes those are little hairs on his eyes...see this quite often on bugs up really close. I'm not sure what the purpose is, but I'm sure it's probably a sensory thing for the butterfly.

Those are really good! I wish I could take photos of butterflies, my cats chase them haha

Those are really good! I wish I could take photos of butterflies, my cats chase them haha

Thank you...perhaps some pictures of your cats chasing the butterflies?? :D

Excellent pictures NateS, I always love looking at your closeups. These are good in they dont creep me out lol. :sexywink:

Thank you. Waited all year for the butterflies to come out....refreshing for me as well to take pictures of bugs that are considered pretty by most.

1-4 are damn tight.

Thanks AI.

I wish I had the patience it takes to take shots like that.

Thanks Steve...it does take patience, but after practicing awhile it gets much easier. I got all six of those shots in about a 10 minute span yesterday.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back