Very new and unfortunately clueless!

RobininMI

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I am looking for some advice! I have always been interested in Photography, but this is the first time I have thought about the actual technical aspects of it, rather then just point and snapping things like the newbie that I am.

What are some good books for a beginner? Also, do you reccomend online classes? I can't seem to find any Photography courses closer to home.

What type of camera is good for a first purchase, particularly when I would be focusing on horses/nature shots?

Thanks oh so much for any help you can give!

Robin in MI:lovey:

I did add my Flickr link, as you can see I need some help...!

I can't speak for on line courses since I haven't done any. I have, however, attended 2 levels of special interest classes in photography at a local college and I found it very helpful. I'm sure on line classes would be a great experience too providing you can have your questions answered when you have any.

As far as books, there are tons. Recently on this forum I have heard much about a book called "Understanding Exposure" I checked this book out of the library and found it would be quite helpful for someone of any experience. There were also many other great books on photography at the library. You can try your local library. I hope some other users see this thread and post their opinions on books, I wouldn't mind checking some out also.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. Browse around some threads for help on a camera purchase. There have been many threads recently and much great info given.

What are some good books for a beginner? Also, do you reccomend online classes? I can't seem to find any Photography courses closer to home.
I don't have any books to recommend other than Understanding Exposure which you will soon have probably 20 others recommend it as well.

I don't have any online classes or courses that I know of.

I do have a giant list of links that I uploaded from my bookmark list. Read through some of these links. I put my 2 favorites on top....

http://www.geocities.com/mrodg88/Photography_Links.html

Enjoy

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back