Viewing images on my monitor

pbelarge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the last year or so, I have set my monitors to 125% viewing. I rarely ever have them set at the standard 100%. There are times, I actually have them set at 150%.
My monitors are Dell, 24 inch flat screens. I recently have figured out it is really not the best monitor for photographic viewing. I do plan on purchasing a better monitor, just not sure which one yet.

I wonder if anyone out there would know if having my monitor set at the 125% is altering what I actually am seeing, in regards to image quality???

I will say, I have tried the 100% setting and I kind of chuckle, the screen image seems so small (forgetabout the fonts:mrgreen:).

are you talking about the Internet explorer zoom? I am not aware you can do 125% zoom on the whole computer other than changing the resolution of the monitor.

I have my monitor view changed to 125%. I view everything that size, including my documents, etc...

I originally did this because I had a difficult time viewing my monitor from my seat without getting closer to the screen. I have since changed glasses and now can sit back and view the screen like most other do.

Ahhh.. I found it. Well KMH is probably the guy who can answer this but Ill take a stab at it. I am probably wrong though.

A lot of images were created to be optimized on the web browser. I would think if you use 125% zoom, some images would not look very good. But most of the time images are more than 90 ppi (72 monitor ppi x 1.25) so you should be OK.

Most reactions

Back