Viki #4

kfirg

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

$DSC_1024.jpg$DSC_1073.jpg$DSC_0993.jpg

Out of curiosity, why is she not looking toward the camera? This seems like a very deliberate choice you've made...

I feel they would have been stronger if she was looking

Out of curiosity, why is she not looking toward the camera? This seems like a very deliberate choice you've made...

its simple.. i dont like to shoot always by pointing the girl toward the camera.

thanks to all of you in this thread and the others.
hope to come soon again with a new photos.

Last one is really the best for me, though I would have avoided the feather superimposed on the cheek. First one is nice, but not as good as the 1st one to me. Second one is not very good for the light, which is very flat imho.

I think the poses are nice. Looking away from the camera creates a totally different feel, for some pretty deep-seated reasons. I think it cause us, the viewers, to inspect the girl and the environment a little more closely, so be aware of that and consider the environment she's in a bit. Make sure there's something for is to look at.

She seems to have been shot in open shadow in all of these, the middle one most obviously. The color/light isn't quite selling for me here. It feels like you've lifted the levels a little (in post, or possibly just with exposure) and warmed things up a bit. Her position and the surround says "shadow" but the colors and tones disagree, subtly, so it's not quite working for me. This is a very subtle issue, though, a minor quibble.

I prefer slightly more dramatic lighting on the model, myself, with some shadows and modeling on the face, but that's just me, and it's also hard when you're shooting natural light (or were you filling subtly from the front?)

hi thank you amolitor.

the lighting is on the side (speed light + softbox).

Most reactions

Back