VISUAL ECHO!

2013-0201-Zoo-2-L.jpg

Finally. Someone that agrees with me. That's why I stopped participating in this. It's become a joke.

Finally. Someone that agrees with me. That's why I stopped participating in this. It's become a joke.
I've been biting my tongue because it's all just for fun, but it really is becoming pointless with some of the entries being so tenuously linked. Seeing it in the 3 degrees thread too.

How does one echo "stupid"?

Main Entry: stupid  [stoo-pid, styoo‐] Show IPA/ˈstupɪd, ˈstyu‐/ Show Spelled
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: not intelligent; irresponsible
Synonyms: brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, dull, dumb, dummy*, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, ill-advised, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, irrelevant, laughable, loser*, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, pointless, puerile, rash, senseless, shortsighted, simple, simpleminded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick, thick-headed, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking, witless
Notes: stupid refers to lack of ability while ignorant refers to lack of knowledge

I've been biting my tongue because it's all just for fun, but it really is becoming pointless with some of the entries being so tenuously linked. Seeing it in the 3 degrees thread too.

It's become quite obvious to me that people are beginning to use this thread as an excuse to post any and every photo the've got. It doesn't even have to come close to a visual echo. this way they can post their photo, have us view it, and not run the risk of anyone actually critiquing it. And I know there are plentyof times when a potential actual echo does not get posted in time because someone else jumps in with a pic that isn't an echo at all and changes the whole direction. And yes, the three degrees of separation thread gets the same treatment. I think that anyone new to the thread should take the time to go to post #1 and see what it's supposed to be about before participating.

It's just a game. Sometimes, the echoes are awesome. Sometimes, not so much. And sometimes someone plays who seems to not quite be with the program.
When it stops being fun, I'll quit playing. But in the meantime...

It's just a game. Sometimes, the echoes are awesome. Sometimes, not so much. And sometimes someone plays who seems to not quite be with the program.
So, if you sit down with a few friends to play Monopoly, and The Banker decides to play their own version, wherein on each turn they ignore the number on the dice and move to wherever they like on the board and buy the property, then put a hotel on it without plunking down the money to do it, ignore "Go To Jail" cards because they say it doesn't apply to The Banker, and decide to collect $200 on every turn, not just when they go around the board, your answer is, "oh well, it's just a game"?

WHAT
game? It ain't Monopoly any more, that's for sure, and that's the point. So, is this game "Visual Echo" or it is "Post Any Photo and Pretend It's Linked to the Previous Photo in Some Totally Obscure Way"?

So, if you sit down with a few friends to play Monopoly, and The Banker decides to play their own version, wherein on each turn they ignore the number on the dice and move to wherever they like on the board and buy the property, then put a hotel on it without plunking down the money to do it, ignore "Go To Jail" cards because they say it doesn't apply to The Banker, and decide to collect $200 on every turn, not just when they go around the board, your answer is, "oh well, it's just a game"?

WHAT
game? It ain't Monopoly any more, that's for sure, and that's the point. So, is this game "Visual Echo" or it is "Post Any Photo and Pretend It's Linked to the Previous Photo in Some Totally Obscure Way"?

Yes, basically, my answer is "it's just a game." Now, under the scenario you describe, I'll grant that I'd be frustrated-- it would no longer be a game I was enjoying playing, so I would quit playing it and go find something else to do.

WHAT

Yes, basically, my answer is "it's just a game." Now, under the scenario you describe, I'll grant that I'd be frustrated-- it would no longer be a game I was enjoying playing, so I would quit playing it and go find something else to do.
So, you don't think it's appropriate for the other players to tell The Banker that they don't approve, that they WANT TO PLAY the game they ALL sat down to play, and that The Banker is the one that needs to get with the program or leave the game? No, everyone else should have THEIR fun ruined and leave the game instead if they don't like the way The Banker is playing.

How is that fun or fair?

I would be less averse if the echo of "movement" actually had movement. A static, rideless ATV in the snow had little, to nothing to do with the previous post. It was disingenuous to say the least.

Back to the echos......

duck15-XL.jpg

WHAT

So, you don't think it's appropriate for the other players to tell The Banker that they don't approve, that they WANT TO PLAY the game they ALL sat down to play, and that The Banker is the one that needs to get with the program or leave the game? No, everyone else should have THEIR fun ruined and leave the game instead if they don't like the way The Banker is playing.

How is that fun or fair?

Yes, I'd point it out. Several times perhaps. But if it didn't change anything, I'd either quit playing or decide I could live with it.
And by the way, I'm not saying what ANYONE ELSE should/shouldn't do. The only one I speak for is me. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back