Voigtlander 58mm problem on D700

pezhaavi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was shooting outside and with D700 and Voigtlander 58mm. Everything was fine. I could change aperture with the body. I changed on another lens and little bit later put Voigtlander back. Now it did not work anymore. In other words I could not change aperture with body.

I came home and tested the lens with wife's D7100 and it worked. I tested again with my D700 did not work. And now it does not work even with my wife's D7100.

Of course I can still use the lens like non-Ai lens.

Can somebody tell what is going on with this lens? Have I done something to it?

Cheers!

Have you checked the contacts on the lens? Any chance one (or or more) may have been damaged when you removed it? Did you remove the lens with the body powered up?

Have you checked the contacts on the lens? Any chance one (or or more) may have been damaged when you removed it? Did you remove the lens with the body powered up?

Thank you Tiredinon!
Contacts look good. I can't say 100% that camera was off during the switch. If it was on, what might have happened and is there anything I can do about it?

Nothing should have happened, but I have had two instances where the camera went into 'Error' when I was in a hurry and removed the lens without powering down the body. That said, it doesn't really explain your case where the problem seems to be the lens. If I had to guess, I would say that there was some sort of damage to one of the contacts.

Thanks again tirediron:) I guess I have to live with non-Ai lens then...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back