Walk Around Lens - Morocco

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am going to be going on holiday to morocco in a couple fo months. I hope to buy a walk around lens to take along with the 50mm 1.8 (because it weighs about a gram so may as well take).

I am taking my Canon 1n only and was wondering what walk around lenses people would recommend.

I have been looking at the
Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5/5.6 Image Stabiliser USM

And think that it looks pretty good. The price for that on Jessops is £374.99 so could probably get a bit cheaper. That is the maximum of my budget. So if anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

I've heard of that lens making cameras throw error codes. That's what has stopped me from buying it. Unfortunately, I do not have an alternative suggestion if that is the price range you are looking to stay within.

However, I'm looking to get the 24-105mm f/4L IS lens as my walkaround.

Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5/5.6 IS USM

With your budget, that would be my suggested lens. It's got a pretty usable focal range and IS is a great asset to have for a walk-around lens. It's not all that fast (at F3.5 to F5.6 ), but you will have the 50mm 1.8 for that. They should make a good combination that won't be too heavy or cumbersome.

Cool. Also there should be alot of light in most places when I'm there so the fact its a bit slower should not matter too much and as you sad i have the 50 mm.

Thats about the same as jessops. amazon is the cheapest so far by a few ounds. There's a ste I know was cheap but I can't rmemeber what it's called. It's UK based.

Yes, quite a bit cheaper if you're willing to buy used. Ffordes have three of that lens at the moment for £269 each. I'm pretty sure it's the same lens ("28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM").

Most reactions

New Topics

Back