Walls

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

Some walls I see on my way to work. These used to be textile factories a long (1830's) time ago.

2541845702_cf71ec3faf_o.jpg

2541022683_68acfd87cd_b.jpg

2541846014_a616df4a1b_o.jpg

Thanks for looking. Your comments are welcome on hoe to improve (be honest!)

I am still a noob at photography, but I'll give you my 2¢ anyways.

I think #1 is a little underexposed. I'm assuming that these were taken on a tripod so maybe a little wider aperture or longer shutter speed may have helped that one out a bit.

I think #2 is great. Good crop and exposed nicely. The horizontal line at the top 3rd of the photo is very straight as well.

#3 is good. I think if the sun was shining on the walls that are facing you it would have looked a little better because there is a lot of detail and most of it seems to fall out. Other than that, nice shot.

Interesting subjects. I think the first is a bit underexposed - the stone detail gets lost on the lower third of he shot.

The second and third are nicely done. I especially like the third with the decaying buildings backed by the lush green trees.

Doc

I think #1 is a little underexposed. I'm assuming that these were taken on a tripod so maybe a little wider aperture or longer shutter speed may have helped that one out a bit.

Actually, I burned a bit of shadows and midtones trying to enhance the "old but well kept" look. Maybe I over did it.

I think #2 is great. Good crop and exposed nicely. The horizontal line at the top 3rd of the photo is very straight as well.

Thank you

#3 is good. I think if the sun was shining on the walls that are facing you it would have looked a little better because there is a lot of detail and most of it seems to fall out. Other than that, nice shot.

I understand. I've taken the smae shot during different times of the day... but I'm still not 100% happy. Thing is, the sun goes from right to left on that image, so I havent got a full sun or a full shadow, allways something in the middle. Maybe in aonother timeof the year...

Thanks for your feedback!

Interesting subjects. I think the first is a bit underexposed - the stone detail gets lost on the lower third of he shot.

Seems I really over did the burning. Thanks.

The second and third are nicely done. I especially like the third with the decaying buildings backed by the lush green trees.

Doc

Thanks Doc. It's all part of the same building complex. The interior has been restored, the exterior has been left "semi-restored" to show the pass of time.

Appreciate your feedback.

I really like this series! the second shot is my favorite

I understand. I've taken the smae shot during different times of the day... but I'm still not 100% happy. Thing is, the sun goes from right to left on that image, so I havent got a full sun or a full shadow, allways something in the middle. Maybe in aonother timeof the year...

Thanks for your feedback!

I agree that if you could get that shot during a different season when the sun is shining more on the walls that are facing the camera it could really be a killer shot!

I think this is a great set of shots - definitely something that I would expand with. I really like the contrast (as Doc said) with the old buildings and the full green trees.

Most reactions

Back