Want to improve your photograph skills

In the area of?

• Total voters
Oer. Looks as bad as an IQ test.

What do I do then?! Oops. Maybe that's a fail then.

Could you say a bit more about how adding to the poll will help improve skills?

Well, I personally have problems with all of the items. But picked fog, mist, & rain, because I have been on a few vacations where it has rained or been foggy most of the trip (both film & digital). Prints came out very poor, usually too dark. I know answers is likely bracketing and slowing down then shooting.

Also, My hope was to get a fell for what other member also have problems with and to have a little fun. So far the polling is trending toward “Nighttime” but all votes for Florida are not in yet.

Kara, Portraits terrify me so much, I avoided them. Working with people takes a whole set of skills I don’t have.

Well, I picked darkroom editing because thats what I've been spending most of my time working on lately, and don't have that much expreience yet... but, in actuality I would like to improve in all of these areas!

I picked "working with models". I've been doing mostly portraiture in the last year. I understand the technical aspects fairly well, but I think the interaction between photographer and model may be the most important thing to get right. Sometimes I get absorbed with the photography and the equipment, and I worry that I'm not communicating enough.

I'll have shoots with some folks, and we all have a good time, and it's relaxed, and we get some really great shots. But sometimes I don't seem to be connecting with my subjects, and those pics aren't so good. If I can I like to meet with clients a time or two before the shoot. Sometimes that familiarity really helps them feel comfortable with me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back