washed out snowy mountain photo's

jm3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:confused: I took some pictures of snow covered mountains in Glacier National Park the other day. When I got home and looked at them I was very disapointed. It looks like the images were washed out? (loss of definition in the photo's). I am using a Sony A100, what can I do to prevent this inthe future?

Unfortunately it seems that i am not allowed to attach a photo in order to show my problem.

There's a number of ways, Turn down your exposure, Graduated ND filter, HDR, Merge, etc...

:confused: I took some pictures of snow covered mountains in Glacier National Park the other day. When I got home and looked at them I was very disapointed. It looks like the images were washed out? (loss of definition in the photo's). I am using a Sony A100, what can I do to prevent this inthe future?

could you post a picture up? this could be anything from over exposure to lens flare. Seeing a picture would help identify the problem and thus a solution.

It seems that I am not allowed to post a photo to show my problem.
I am guessing it is over exposure however the rest of the picture seems fine. It is only the snow on the mountains that is affected.

Welcome to the forum.

To learn how to post images, click HERE.

It seems that I am not allowed to post a photo to show my problem.
I am guessing it is over exposure however the rest of the picture seems fine. It is only the snow on the mountains that is affected.

not only are you allowed to post pictures, its actually encouraged!

Check mikes link for help posting pictures.

THe time of day and the lighting play an importamt part in the look of the image. A GND filter is a must if you want to get it "right" in the camera without having to go the HDR route. If you wish to you can PM me and I will email you examples of a shot both with and without a GND filter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back