Water Drops

JDS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jdsnow.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I realize this is pretty much a copy, but I saw it and had to try it... I'm trying to get acquainted with my 350D, so I'm trying a few different things. Here's the best shot I got:

normal_IMG_0049.JPG

f/5.6, 1/200 sec, ISO 100

The only editing done is that I cropped it to get some of the extra clutter out. The photo looks crooked, but it's the faucet - honest! Aside from that...what do you think?

You can still see the movement of the waterdrop.

If you turn the flash on and turn the speed of your camera way up you can capture it so it's nice and crisp.

You got the timing down though!
Great job.

Yeah that's sort of my problem.. I'm using an external flash and the 350 will only sync up to 1/200 sec.... I'm curious now as to whether I can speed up my shutter if I use the pop-up flash and let my external flash slave from it to get good light...

Try it and tell me how you did it. TPF seems to be in the grip of yet another "drop disease" (we get drop photos at regular intervals, and mostly so in winter, at the time when people would also get the flu, it is probably because you feel less inclined to venture outside for your photography), and I feel I have caught the "virus", too, and would love to test if I can do it myself, too.

I never could get the look I wanted. (I'm working from home today, so I'm playing as much as I can!)

I normally use a wireless sync that mounts to my hot shoe to trigger my lights. If I go over 1/200 on that, it doesn't trigger fast enough for my shutter.

I was able to get a little bit of a higher shutter speed by using a cable to my light, but not enough to totally freeze the drops..

Even using my popup flash, I can't get faster than 1/200 sec. In manual mode with the flash open, it won't let me set anything faster.

If anybody has any other ideas, I'm open to them! ;)

Most reactions

Back