Waterfall shots

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Since I've already taken them, there's not much I can do to the composition or lighting...but is there anything else in photoshop you'd suggest I do to help these pictures out?

Nooksack_Falls_4_by_Choucism.jpg

Nooksack_Falls_2_by_Choucism.jpg

Here are the full size pictures.

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/065/c/8/Nooksack_Falls_4_by_Choucism.jpg
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/065/c/2/Nooksack_Falls_2_by_Choucism.jpg

I'm not a photoshop expert I'm afraid. Its difficult to tell because it is so small, but I think I prefer the composition of the first one. The only thing I would do to it is a small crop to remove the rock on the bottom left.

I wouldn't write off comments on composition, exposure etc because they may be no use for these pictures, but will (hopefully) come in use next time. FWIW, they could benefit from a slightly slower shutterspeed to smooth the water. Also, I would have tried standing to the right slightly so as to remove the aforementioned rock in the bottom left.

Cheers,

Sam

well you can make the smoother water with photoshop, just select the water and then do a gaussian blur, that would help with the "angel hair" effect of the watter.

another thing I find is that its too contrasty, you could play with the shadow/highlight or with the curves to bring more midtones to the picture..

I also concur (sp?) to make the pics biger so we can see some detail

Thanks for the tips, and if you want bigger pictures, just follow the links at the bottom, they are fullsize. Unfortunately DA has hotlinking issues.

yeah me too,"fobidden",i like #1but i think on taking the shot, if possible i would pehaps moved slightly more to the right(without falling in) and included a bit more of the actual falling water, and cut out the rocks at the bottom,hey just an opinion,would like to have seen the bigger picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back