Watermark C&C

jmtonkin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've recently decided to make a watermark for my pictures and I was wondering what anyone thought of it. I'll admit, it's a work in progress. Thanks!

5998805651_b19703b995.jpg

This is the watermark.

5998784469_58958f69f2.jpg

This is a sample of what the watermark looks like on one of my photos!

Thanks for looking!

But is it the same aperture? This looks to be f/5.6...

Just for clarification, because I'm anal and sick of this misnomer...this is not a watermark...this is a logo...
A watermark for a photo would be your name barely visible across the whole page (as an example) or a digital watermark for your photo as a hidden ntfs stream...most of mine are *.jpg:agentdrex

What watermark?
5998784469_58958f69f2-1.jpg

I would make the 'JMT' bigger, 'Photography' smaller, make it a vector file so it doesn't pixelate when resized, lose the disc brake rotor there in the background, and set it to about a 25% opacity.

I would also add a black/white stroke so the text will still show up up on a light/dark background.

I have seen the iris used several times before; perhaps that's why it was the first thing that came to mind...

How does this one look? I'm going for simplicity because too often do I see watermarks that completely distract from the photo itself.
5998983949_a6caa22071_m.jpg

Try it on different examples of color and b&w imagery before you finally decide its size, position and opacity.

I've recently decided to make a watermark for my pictures and I was wondering what anyone thought of it. I'll admit, it's a work in progress. Thanks!

5998805651_b19703b995.jpg

This is the watermark.

5998784469_58958f69f2.jpg

This is a sample of what the watermark looks like on one of my photos!

Thanks for looking!

I would use a serif, italic font for the JMT, and a non-serif, regular font for photography.

Serif fonts look very professional, and the italics will make the lettters more diagonal and dynamic, like they're in motion.

As you can see from my avatar I don't use the word photography, like most everyone else does. How about the word IMAGERY, instead of photography.

Say "JMT Imagery". Then say "JMT Photography".

Did you try a white stroke on the new one? Are you using raster graphics software, or vector graphics software?

A pro designer would make sure it works in B&W first.

Most reactions

Back