Watermarks

ok, how about something like this:

original.jpg

or this maybe

original.jpg

well i signed these 2.. idk how to take it from pencil to like ink or whatever.. pencil was all i could find in th ehouse..

22222.jpg

1111.jpg

i keep mine simple TB mushed together (see to left). I learned of the importance of watermarks after i started seeing my work, with no credit posted to me...i can't say i cared for that

well i signed these 2.. idk how to take it from pencil to like ink or whatever.. pencil was all i could find in th ehouse..

22222.jpg

1111.jpg

Perfect. Recreate that using the pen tool or brush tool in Photoshop. Then lower the opacity so it blends nicley into the image

hmm, theres nothing wrong with that, but if you have to watermark your images, you may aswell self promote ?
Even the most obtuse sig/moniker whatever can become widely recognizable I suppose, it helps if its readable though, and/or means something to anyone.
At the moment its an arty initial, if I hadn't read this thread it wouldn't even be that to me.
Theres a ballance to find, those great big bold fonts stretching halfway across a photo look awfull, but you want it to be noticed...remembered, if not understood.
And discreet

I'll get my coat..

okay its between
4.jpg

and
333.jpg

and how do I make it so I can apply it to my image w/o having the white background? and how do I make the letters white if I need to put it on something dark??

hmm, theres nothing wrong with that, but if you have to watermark your images, you may aswell self promote ?
Even the most obtuse sig/moniker whatever can become widely recognizable I suppose, it helps if its readable though, and/or means something to anyone.
At the moment its an arty initial, if I hadn't read this thread it wouldn't even be that to me.
Theres a ballance to find, those great big bold fonts stretching halfway across a photo look awfull, but you want it to be noticed...remembered, if not understood.
And discreet

I'll get my coat..

I meant something subtle with the bold letters. Just posted those to give her ideas.

original.jpg

okay its between
4.jpg

and
333.jpg

and how do I make it so I can apply it to my image w/o having the white background? and how do I make the letters white if I need to put it on something dark??

I like number 2. What software are you using? You should be able to select the text and paste it to your image as a new layer, then fade the opacity.

The problem I have, is that her example above can very easily be cropped out without ruining the image. True, any watermark can be photoshopped out by those who know how, but I think what we're trying to do is to keep the average Joe from just cropping and printing the picture to add to their family album at home. Most families don't care if the picture isn't an 8x10. They're jazzed that they got it for free. And that's what hurts us the most. If you're worried about someone stealing your image, placing it in the corner isn't going to make them stop for even a second. I didn't have obtrusive watermarks for a while, until one of my clients told me, "I printed out all of the proofs and put them on my fridge."

Marian

A note Copyright, As soon as you create a photo, painting, video, song, lyric, you OWN the copyright. You can however register you copyright with the government, which stands up better in court should someone steel your work.

Its been a couple years since I looked it up, but I thing the fee was about $30. If you ever choose to register any copyright it cost the same to copyright 1 photo or a collection, so register lots of work as a collection.

BTW the © symbol is just "option(alt) G" on a Mac!

Hmm, it might be an idea to include your web-address in the watermark. very useful, but of course it might spoil the design of the watermark in a way ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back