Wedding Photography Lens

CxThree, I just wanted to say thank you for all your help. This has given me a wonderful start on getting things together for weddings. I have assisted on shooting 4 wedding over the 21 years I have been in photography (never liked dealing with the pressure, lol). But now I really want to get into a little more. I have shot hundreds of seniors and several commercial projects and now I am ready. Thanks again for all your help.

Nikon 70-200mm Nikon | AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens | 2185

Nikon 24-70mm Nikon | AF-S Zoom Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Autofocus Lens | 2164

Nikon 12-24mm Nikon | 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor AF Lens | 2144

Nikon 85mm Nikon | Telephoto AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D IF Autofocus Lens | 1933

SB900 Nikon | SB-900 AF Speedlight i-TTL Shoe Mount Flash | 4807 | B&H

Multiply each of those by 2 and add a second body to match whatever you shoot with (or better).

Then ask yourself an important question with an honest answer. Is my quality really worth the $1-3k that I'm charging this couple on their special day? If the situation were reversed, Would I be happy with this weekender if they gave me the images that you are about to give them?

I think you need to have the equipment before you take the job, but you really need to honestly answer those questions before you proceed.
just my .02

Well, not really a joke, just the minimum bag expectations of a paid professional. Don't want to show up to the big event w/ your only lens mounted on your only body and trip on the sidewalk and shatter both. Redundancy is key.

I think my equipment and experiance are good to go. Just need advice on lenses for weddings. 21 years of shooting outdoor portraits and commercial work, being published in several magazines for sports photos im doing okay on experiance. Just never shot weddings. Only assisted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back